Mon, Sep 16, 11:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Zey The Mouse 'Flying a Kite' Episode #1 Stop-Motion Animated Video here!! :)

ianharding ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2014 at 1:01 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Attached Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qA-FHXGnSA

Hi, all

I am nervous and excited in sharing my very 1st episode of fimo friends 'Zey The Mouse'

It's taken a lot of hard work, overall 10 months to make, using (Stop motion Pro 7)

This is a massive achievement for me to have reached this far, as i thought i wasn't going to be able to do it.

My dream has come true!, I hope you enjoy it, with a nice storyline, music and sound effects.

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2014 at 4:35 PM

Excellent work!!!

ianharding ( ) posted Wed, 23 April 2014 at 6:07 PM

Thanks for your nice words! much apprecited!! :)

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hi

I love your video.

I know how much work it takes to do this kind of thing.

I did stop animation for TV commercials way back in the 1970s when I worked for a large advertising agency.

This was an amazing job.

I only have one criticism, as an old time kite flyer, I know that the string doesn't attach to the back end of the kite. LOL

Great Job!!!

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

ianharding ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2014 at 5:23 PM · edited Thu, 24 April 2014 at 5:25 PM

Hey, Mike, Wow, that's great to hear from another animator!, did you use a proper film camera and have to get it developed??, Yes the Kite isn't supposed to to have the string attached at the bottom, i think i just wanted it like that he, glad you like Zey and friends, i'm knackered now after making the animation!! :)

Warlock279 ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 1:50 AM

Very nicely done, I was pleasantly surprised with how well done it was, the sets all looked fantastic.

The flashing on the house roof jumped out as "tin/alluminum foil!!!" If you get a chance maybe revist that with a heavier gauge foil that can be applied smoother so it looses the wrinkled/obvious foil look. Or back your regular foil with some paper, spray adhesive a sheet of foil to a sheet of a paper, then cut it up as needed, that should apply nice and smooth as well.

I thought there might have been a couple places the animation could be polish just a touch [the swings felt a little "off" to me], but over all it was really clean, well paced, and well done.

The only weakness for me was the audio, and that's because the rest was so well done. You levels were all over the place, there were a couple loud sound effects a few really quiet ones. The volume of the dialogue was pretty consistent, but a bit on the quiet side as well I thought. If i had to wager a guess [cause I've been there a few times myself] I'd guess you hit the point after all that animation of "ugh, I just want to finish" and maybe rushed the final audio tweaks/pass a bit.

Really nice work. Congrats on completing it, that's no feat. Hope to see some more from you in the future.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

ianharding ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 10:11 AM

Hey, Thanks for watching, and your nice comments!!, a few issues with the recording of a few voices, i agree, i will look deeper into this in the 2nd episode, i can't believe the great response so far all over the net!, and having 1,678 views so far, ive never had that many in a short space of time or on any one video!

It's nice to hear feeback and to hear that ive ive done a brill job!! :)

Hope you stay tuned in the future :)

ldgilman ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 11:02 AM

Most excellent, and humours. The stage and props looked good. And of course so did the actors.

ianharding ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 5:03 PM

Quote - Most excellent, and humours. The stage and props looked good. And of course so did the actors.

Cheers, awww glad you liked our voices!! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.