Thu, Sep 19, 8:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Convert to DXF AAMA Question

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2014 at 7:21 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 6:54 AM

Hi, hope this is the right place to ask. I have a vectored pattern I can export as DXF but I need DXF AAMA  Or a 3D freeware program where I can trace a 2D image pattern and save as DXF AAMA. 

I've been research open source 3D CAD programs today but see several that save as DXF but the client will only accept DXF-AAMA.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time
Kimberly 

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2014 at 11:46 PM · edited Sat, 03 May 2014 at 11:48 PM

DXF-AAMA is a very specific file format by American Apparel Manufacturers.  While DXF is the most commonly used file format for CAD drawings, the AAMA specificity isn't a very common exchange format for 3D data, and isn't widely supported by any 3D applications I can think of offhand.  The only free 3D software resource I can think of where you may have a chance to find a "plugin" extention for this format is Blender, but I actually doubt it.

Optitex.com has software and online services that can import and export this format, but it's not free.  If you have no other choice, then maybe check out their services.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

kimbersue ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 9:55 AM

Quote - DXF-AAMA is a very specific file format by American Apparel Manufacturers.  While DXF is the most commonly used file format for CAD drawings, the AAMA specificity isn't a very common exchange format for 3D data, and isn't widely supported by any 3D applications I can think of offhand.  The only free 3D software resource I can think of where you may have a chance to find a "plugin" extention for this format is Blender, but I actually doubt it.

Optitex.com has software and online services that can import and export this format, but it's not free.  If you have no other choice, then maybe check out their services.

I figure out late last night the DXF-AAMA format used by American Apparel Manufacturers.  So I'm looking for free 3D fashion CAD software. I found a few but I really don't explect to find a useable software but at least I know it's not just me who doesn't know of any 3D software. 

Thanks

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

deolpa ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2022 at 9:13 PM

When converting a file to DXF format, people frequently make the following 3 AAMA DXF pattern conversion errors.

diggy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.