Fri, Aug 2, 10:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Tree won't stop moving

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 2:45 AM · edited Sat, 06 July 2024 at 8:05 AM

I painted some Vue trees in a scene and planned to have them move slightly in the breeze. But I could't find a wind control thing for them because they were an eco-system rather than individual tree objects.

So I assumed they would be frozen trees for the animation and didn't think anymore about it. Then did my render of the scene (took about 15 hours). Then I watched the movie and I see that the trees are moving. So that is cool. But what if I really needed them to be frozen? Does Vue allow for that?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2014 at 4:24 AM

Ecosystem plants react to breeze by default, this is why you see them moving. If you want to add wind, you need to use ventilators, since Eco plants don't react to standard Vue wind.

If you don't want them to react to breeze, you need to disable breeze in the Wind tab of the atmo editor.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2014 at 5:44 AM · edited Mon, 05 May 2014 at 5:44 AM

I remember that now. Thanks.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.