Mon, Oct 21, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: HELP ME with this outfit!

Helos ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 8:33 AM · edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 1:00 PM

file_504439.jpg

Hi all, 

the gladiatrix outfit for V4 above is very nice and I tried to find out, where the parts are coming from. 

So far I've identified these items or not: 

**Helmet:                            **???

**Pauldrons:                       **Champion Of The Arena for V4.2    (Xurge3D) - w/altered TEX!

**Top / Bracers / Belt:       **Barbarian for V4.2                        (Xurge3D) 

**Skirt / Bottom:                **???

**Sandals:                           **Battle Angel Amour for V4.1         (Xurge3D) 

**Sword / Shield:               **???

You can see the original here:  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/by-the-sword/102188

Thank you for any help! 

Henning

Helos ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 8:35 AM · edited Tue, 20 May 2014 at 8:45 AM

file_504440.png

BTW, the Bottom (skirt) is from this set that I never have seen before.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 9:27 AM

Oeps??? More Romans??

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 2:47 PM
Online Now!

Helos: Have you tried contacting the vendor to see what items he/she used? 

Towards the bottom of the ad page that you linked, it has a list of related products. 

That would be an awesome set if it were complete. 

@Vilters: There actually were some female gladiators, so its not all that far-fetched. I doubt they dressed quite like that tho, lol. They would have needed to pass as male. 

~Shane

Helos ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 3:42 PM · edited Tue, 20 May 2014 at 3:51 PM

Thanks, ~Shane. 

greyson5 has never given Promo Credits and contacting a vendor has been not very successfully for me in the past ("Oops, I really don't know which part of what I've taken there - it's a too long time ago ... blablabla ... etc."). 

In my experience it's a better way to ask the community, 'cause there's always a person who knows just that special item. 

But I'm thinking that in this case it might be difficult to find these missing parts. (I've searched really intensively!) 

Okay, maybe my hero comes and free me on another day. 

Henning

ArtByMel ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 4:02 PM

The helmet (and maybe more) is from this:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=57135

Sadly it does not appear to be available. I only know because I have the outfit.

My store here at Renderosity.

Art By Mel

Helos ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 4:14 PM · edited Tue, 20 May 2014 at 4:26 PM

Thank you very much, Justmel! 

That is exact the helmet (that is so nice). 

BTW: The Top in the second pic above is from Raging Moon by Val3dArt too. 

I have to contact him about the Spartana item. 

Henning 

shvrdavid ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 5:38 PM

Quote - There actually were some female gladiators, so its not all that far-fetched. I doubt they dressed quite like that tho, lol. They would have needed to pass as male.

They came to this conclusion from 2 statues and writings from one Emporer saying they fought at night under torch light in his chambers. Ironically, another Emporer later made female gladiators illegal, suggesting that it may have happened with concubines or slaves... Slight difference between concubines/slaves and gladiators, but you never know.

Seneca eluded to female Gladiators, but never actually stated it as fact. It has been argued that he was refering to fencers, which woman were allowed to do.

The only evidence of female gladiators is a pelvic bone found in a grave in England that was buried with the same things found in other Gladitors graves....  "Great Dover Street Woman", if you want to look it up. This is the main piece of evidence quoted to say that Female Gladitors exsisted. One Pelvic bone.....

No one really knows for sure, baseing a fact on writings of a mad man, a pelvic bone, and a few statues is stetching it...

Wish I knew where the sets came from, but I am drawing a blank...

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 6:12 PM
Online Now!

Ah ok. I thought it had been more established than that. 

I also thought that all, or most, gladiators were slaves, or a form of indentured servants. 

It's unfortunate that there's often a shelf life on items in many of the Poser market places. It makes good items get burried and eventually become obsolete/unavailable, so that when new-comers see examples of something they like, they can no longer find it. 

~Shane

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 6:40 PM

remember this superbowl commercial?  😄

Britney Spears, Beyonce & Pink - We Will Rock You - gladiatorshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pES8SezkV8w

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 6:49 PM

there's a helmet with the 'centurion' outfit at daz store. and a fancy texture set called 'her battle'

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 20 May 2014 at 11:41 PM

Traveler has a "Greek Helm and Spear" at RDNA. It's in the deep freeze, so cheap. The brush/fringe would need to be retextured, I think. But for a moment, I actually thought it was the helmet the OP was looking for.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Helos ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 2:08 AM · edited Wed, 21 May 2014 at 2:09 AM

I have that Traveler set for a long time and no, it's not the helmet that I'm looking for. 

The right helmet is mentioned in the reply above by Justmel (Spartana by Val3dArt). 

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 5:31 PM

Quote - I also thought that all, or most, gladiators were slaves, or a form of indentured servants.

~Shane

From the records that do remain, Gladiators kept most of the prize money that they won, and many became very rich. Becoming a Gladiator was both a choice and forced.

There are records of the schools that trained them, and the slaves that got slaughtered in the process.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Helos ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2014 at 5:13 AM

Nobody here with a pretty nice hint???? 

Val3dArt hasn't answered till now!? 

Cariad ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 9:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/the-wasp-1

Skirt looks like it could well be a rextured version of the skirt from The Wasp over at Daz.

Hope that helps.

Helos ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 11:02 AM

Ahhh, thank you very much, Cariad

That IS the skirt definitely. And the best: I've just bought it with 80% off. 

Now there's only the sword (and the shield, what isn't very recognizable) that is unknown for me. 

Maybe there comes another hint!? 

Henning  :)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 1:56 PM

Okay, I hate being one of those language cops but I'm a frustrated english teacher in another life I guess, and this is driving me crazy, so please forgive me:

You elude something when you're trying to evade, dodge or avoid.

You allude to something when you wish to refer to or make reference to something or someone.

And that's all I'm going to say .

Cariad ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 2:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/briana-culaith

I knew I recognized the sword too, it is from Briana Culaith, also at Daz if I am not mistaken.  The shield, no clue, not enough visible of it really to give me a good idea.

Helos ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 8:56 PM

Woah, THX - that is great! 

You make my day, Cariad. I have that item - very fine. 

Thank you so much, 

Henning 

Cariad ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2014 at 11:21 PM

No problem at all, glad to help :)  Only recognized them as I have been reinstalling and reorganizing runtimes all this past week. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.