Sat, Sep 21, 10:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Model of real person

mojogoing ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 9:52 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

I'm trying to create a oser model based on myself. I'd like to be as accurate as possible. Does anyone know of a tutorial or suggestions on how to start.

mojogoing ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 9:52 AM

Thats Poser Model

the3dwizard ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 11:18 AM

Depends what do you look like? Just kidding :) Are you wanting to make one from scratch or morph a figure to look like your face? You can apply images of yourself to box props in Poser to use as guides when morphing. I can tell you more if this is what you are wanting to do.

mojogoing ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 11:21 AM

That is what I would like to do, Please help

the3dwizard ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 11:33 AM

file_215498.gif

Take pictures of your front and side. Load figure in poser. Load box from props Apply front image to box as a material. Make sure front of box has same ratio as picture. width and height. Make box display with texture. second ball from the right at the bottom. Select element from down arrow first. Make figure a wireframe view so you can see the image on you box. Move box and scale to fit model. Adjust morph dials or use magnets to change model to match figure. Make a box for your side image as well. The switch between front and side view as you adjust the dials. There may be a tutorial around somewhere that talks about this in more detail. But let me know if you have may questions.

the3dwizard ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 11:34 AM

file_215499.gif

side view

the3dwizard ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 11:45 AM

file_215500.gif

BTW - If there is enough interest I can write a detailed tutorial on how to see this up. Here is a side of the finished model. It is a vicky base.

ringbearer ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 11:50 AM

I would definitely be interested in a tutorial. Didn't know you could do that.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

dolly ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 12:03 PM

i would like it if you did a tut on this subject cheers dolly

mojogoing ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 12:22 PM

Thanks this is helpful. I would love to have more detail of course. What is the best model to use. Mike, MorphMan etc?

the3dwizard ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 12:52 PM

I don't know about MorphMan but Mike has enough morphs that you should be able to get pretty close.

mojogoing ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 1:05 PM

Great! and thanks again

chechi53 ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 2:20 PM

I also would really appreciate a detailed tuturial. Thanks

MadMac420 ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 3:44 PM

Add me in on the "Would love to see a tut for this" list. :)

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 7:33 PM

A tutorial would be great.

dragon3d ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2001 at 8:01 PM

Would also love to see a tutorial on this subject :)

Gromit ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2001 at 12:16 AM

Me too.

opalcat ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 6:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.opalcat.com

I'm very dense too, it seems... but then I've only been using Poser for 3 days! I want to be able to do this though!! If I whine enough will it make the tutorial show up faster? ;D

Schlabber ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 10:15 AM

Hi, don't worry ... my free website will be back in November. The reason why I had to close it was not that I'm selling my poses from now on. It was simply because of webhost-problems - I've taken to much bandwidth. The reason why I can bring back my site is because I got some money for my CD I'm selling. Some words to the CD: This is a totally different thing: My website contained around 2000 poses - the CD contains 5000 poses, a lot more other things like faces, props ... and (well you can imagine) was a lot of work during the last 6 months. Just to let you know - I made finally approx. one month nothing else then images ... to have an image-database available to work with - so it is not necessary to illustrate them ... the illustration will be part of the new PIAA (Posing is an art) Will this stop me from giving away free poses ?? At the moment - yes because I'm very busy in handling all the packages and orders. But in November PIAA will be back with a lot of FREE old and NEW poses (of course not the content of the CD that I'm only selling - but my only hope is you all won't kill me directly with mass-downloaders :o( - so please give this website a chance - If you think of download it all - you can also think of buying the CD directly - It'ld be less work and less stress you'ld have no problem with broken downloads and finally you disburd my traffic. Schlabber

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.