Thu, Sep 19, 6:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: What Happened to the Prime Items?

3dstories ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 3:13 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:46 PM

I'm only getting one Looooooooooooooooooooong (Extremely Narrow) page of PRIME and Prime Classic items. Only two items per screen that are HUGE. The whole page shows only either 38 or 42 items and takes a long time to scroll down to the bottom.

There is no mechanism that I can see to get to any other PRIME pages. I'm glad I put some ones I knew were expiring into a spreadsheet because I can't find'em.

I hope this new format isn't going to be the default format. I can see how it looks desinged for iPhones, etc.  But it is now much harder on a work screen, which is where I do my graphics.

I can now see things from across the room, but I work at the keyboard, so I don't need or want that. I want LESS CLICKS and more on screen.

The one thing nice so far is the separate cart item at the top of the page. 

But how do I get to see the PRIME items now?

3dstories ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 3:30 PM

Along the same lines of huge out-of-size images, when I go to the marketplace to look at a vendor's item, I only see a portion of it. I'm getting the theatre nose-bleed sensation of being too close.

Flinks Instant Meadow2, Flowers 6, one of the Prime Classics Items I'm looking at, and expiring today 6/24 takes three screens paging down just to see all of the promotional image.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 4:52 PM

1.)    Which browser and browser version are you using

2.)    Which operating system are you using

3.)    Ask them to provide a link to the exact page they are having issues with if/when applicable.

maiden_of_darkness ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 11:38 PM
Online Now!

As per above posts " There are no mechanisms to see other pages." I'm having the same issues with most of the market place departments. So far the " What's New" and "What's Hot" are the only departments where I get the page number count bar...

I'm on Windows XP Home, Windows 7: IE & Google Chrome - I have 2 computers...same problem on both...... 

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2014 at 7:25 PM

Hi,

This issue was resolved earlier today so please let us know if you are still having issues. You may need to do a hard refresh to see the fix in place and you should be able to page just fine!!

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:25 AM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:38 AM

file_505279.jpg

Thursday 6/26  Confirm the major problem that has been fixed is the abiltity to navigate to other screens.

Browser is mozilla Firefox 28 (30 Just came out).

Operating system for this machine is PC/XP.  Can check other op systems, but for now and for the foreseeable future this is the interface online.  Scale on some of the other vendor pages seems better today. 

PRIME page still only fits two "Thumbnail" items at a time that fill the page in a long narrow column that you have to scroll down to the bottom. Is this the plan for all operating systems or is it just mine?

A screen shot is attached of the Prime "Thumbnails" as they show up on my 22 inch screen. I would still call them 'nosebleeds' instead of thumbnails. The item location can be seen in the menu bar of the screen capture.

Some of the type colors are hard to read or harsh against the black.

**"Search Marketplace" bar at top right sometimes shows only three letters; it gets compressed.

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:42 AM

file_505280.jpg

Here is what I see when I go to Flinks meadow flowers 6 as mentioned above:

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:49 AM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:50 AM

file_505281.jpg

Here's an example of what happens to the search bar, except that less letters fit than the word "Sear" shown when you actually do a search.

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:56 AM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 9:10 AM

I presume that many of these changes are being designed to accomodate shopping from a phone or other device with a small screen. I am curious as to what sort of breakdown  phone/tablet/PC Renderosity is expecting. 

I will likely be shopping from a desktop. I could see tablet as an equivalent alternative.  I have no feel for phone at this point.

~************~

In case there is any question about the Screen captures above, these are Full-Screen windows that are a representation of what is viewed across the whole monitor. They are not partial windows ports.

Also, in the screen captures, you can see how much I have scrolled/still have to scroll by looking at the scroll bar on the right.

=>Take a look in particular for how many page downs I have to go through to see just one page of Renderosity prime items.

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 10:11 AM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 10:23 AM

file_505284.jpg

Here is a screen capture sample of the marketplace 'thumbnails' on a 22" monitor. Unless you take the time to scroll and perfectly center items it is generally difficult to see what is going on.

In this instance, prices get cropped and the screen has to be adjusted by going back and scrolling the mouse manually--- just to see the price of only one of the vendor items. How long would it take to see ten?  100?  Keep in mind you have something on the order of 40 on a page.   And how many pages is it you have in this one category again?

More importantly, how many pages would you like me to go through in a shopping session?

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 10:14 AM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 10:27 AM

file_505285.jpg

Here is an example of one vendor's item, "Sandheiress Hair." 

Again, unless you spend the time to scroll accurately I say it is difficult to see what is going on. It remains bothersome that Renderosity doesn't show a whole picture from a vendor on a 22 inch monitor.

I feel I should be able to see a full snapshot of a vendor's picture, the price, any relevant sales data, the access to the readme file that you guys have always been so good about, the title and the vendor's name all at a glance. 

You have been drifting further and further away from that simplicity.

3dstories ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 10:37 AM

file_505287.jpg

The Daily Deals page is a bit off for me. There's something the right called 3D Thursday that is cut-off and inaccessible.

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:05 PM

Are you viewing the site with your browser maximized? Because the site changes depending on that, so if it's not (mine isn't) then you won't see it how everyone else does. 

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

3dstories ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2014 at 8:37 AM · edited Fri, 04 July 2014 at 8:42 AM

Hi Sabby,

Yes, my Browser is maximized.

The site definitely performs better on a windows 7 machine with a landscape monitor. The images are still somewhat large, but tolerable. And I actually like the site like that.

I think there are two differences with me here.  First, I think this is because my purchase and regular work machine is XP, and will be for the forseeable future.  I did borrow a windows 7 machine that has access to the web and viewed the site on the same Firefox30, and the images are smaller, which is how I reached the conclusion above.

Second, another difference, is that the monitor on the borrowed machine has a slightly more rectangular aspect ratio, with the width greater than the height. The one that I use regulary because it is the largest that fits a furniture cabinet is almost square, even though it is a relatively new monitor.

If you're having the problem with a reduced screen, maybe this second is the more important and it's not the operating system.

I don't know which is the gating factor on the site viewability, but neither condition with me is likely to change unless a host of other sites I visit for regular business purposes also switch and cause problems (PS I Checked RDNA, now open, and they're slightly large to be comfortable, but tolerable).

As such the Renderosity site on my machine is almost unusable and, if one thing good comes from it, this will make it very hard to browse and spend on what is a discretionalry, but addictive, hobby. I've said my piece to Rendo,  more probably than I should have. If they want to address it, fine. If not, that's going to be okay, too.

I still have a character to buy from you, as I mentioned before (you made me laugh). I decided to push it into July rather than June 30 just in case things change here and I buy more. Probably later today as rain is likely to keep me inside.

3dstories ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2014 at 9:11 AM

PPS (Post, Post-Script)

Sabby, I just saw your Toronto location. This morning at about 5AM on PBS there was a re-run about the history of the war of 1812. I didn't realize that one reason the British burned the Capitol of Washington DC and the White House under James and Dolly Madison was in retaliation for the Americans buring the City of York(?) Canada, when they weren't supposed to. York or the city they mentioned is now Toronto. I learn something new every day.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2014 at 9:35 AM

I'll send this link to Adam and see what he can add to this thread to help

He actually took some vacation time and this being a holiday weekend it might be monday before he comes to read

Thanks

3dstories ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2014 at 12:06 AM

Thank you, Stacey.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.