Sat, Sep 21, 6:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 1:44 am)

Subject: Clarification for Miss Renderosity?

ArthurOPodd ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 5:36 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:08 AM

Are we limited to the products in the Pageant Product Department?  It seems implied but not outright stated that "products to support your entries" are required.

Thanks for the clarification.

mazzam ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 6:52 AM

Is each entry supposed to be the same character? This is how beuty contests work, the winner should be sexy, glamorous and talented. And if so will the entries be displayed together during voting, that is, will the ball gown image be displayed along with the swimsuit image. This would make the contest far more interesting. Can the same character be  shown sexy, glamorous, talented? How would voters remember what she looked like in the swimsuit while voting on the ball gown round? So in round two people vote on a pair of images and in the final round they vote on all three. Or will the judges eliminate obvious imposters? You mentioned reference to a country. Will that be the artist's country or the character's country? Abd what difference dows that make?

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2014 at 2:02 AM

...I addressed the issue on character nationality on another thread and am awaiting a reply.  I too have a character from a country other than the US and would like to have her represent her home nation.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

SissyB ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 1:15 PM

If we enter, do we get the gift certificate as soon as the entry is validated or at the end of the first round?

jasmineskunk ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 5:01 PM

How does someone enter a contest around here? I have been all over this site and can not figure out how to submit an entry. Also... I'm confused about the rules of submitting. The FAQ says something about not being able to enter until the contest closes, but then the contest page says submissions are now until the 18th... this seems to be contradictory information to me.

I'm a little confused...

SissyB ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 5:08 PM

you can enter on this page:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?contest_id=1394

don't forget to tell the country you come from.

jasmineskunk ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 5:12 PM · edited Fri, 11 July 2014 at 5:15 PM

Ohhh.... it's way down underneath everything else! (Pssst... to anyone listening. That's not exactly intuitive.) But...

Thank you, Sissy!

SissyB ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 5:25 PM

you're right ^-^

and you're welcome!! good luck if you enter but do it quickly because i think they change the deadline, on the contest page it's said 18th, and on the listing page of opened contest, it's said 14th.

Have fun

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2014 at 4:39 PM

Quote - you're right ^-^

and you're welcome!! good luck if you enter but do it quickly because i think they change the deadline, on the contest page it's said 18th, and on the listing page of opened contest, it's said 14th.

Have fun

...four days difference is a lot of time.  Since today is already the 12th, it would be good to get an official word on this as it would be sad to find out after putting work into our submissions that weended up missing the deadline.

--KK

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

Frank_Markussen ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 12:38 PM

In my opinion this is now an illegal competition. I have tried 3 times now to enter. On the 2 first I got a reply that it was "denying your entry due to breast manipulation and too much buttocks showing".

I replied that if too mutch buttock was showing, then they could not allow any pictures where they use bikini. I am still waiting for a reply. The email where they deny my entry is ending with: "Please let me know if you have any questions."

Further more they state: "If you would like to rework the image or submit a new image you are free to do so." I send a new attempt on July 12th, I still haven't got any reply.

Today I made a new picture, but when I was going to upload it there is not any upload button, even if it state:

-> Round 1 Submissions: Starting on June 30th and ending on July 18th.
-> All members can enter, except contest Managers and Admins.

• and they are still reciving others entries.

If they block 1 member from enter without any explanation, how many others members are denied?

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 3:46 PM

...Still in the dark as to the actual deadline for round 1.  The Contests Page is still showing it as being today (07/14) however on Contest's details/rules page, it is listed as 07/18.  Could we please get an official word on which date is coorect and a correction made to whichever page is listing it incorrectly?

Not about to invest more work in my submission if the first round is already closed.

Sylvan3D ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2014 at 5:41 AM

I also saw 2 dates: the 14th in a link and the 18th on the site. I also read there is some hassle about male models...

Here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php it says 14th

And here it says 18th: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?contest_id=1394

I only saw the 14th deadline today and was working with the 18th. Darn, I worked so hard on my render can we get any clearance?

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2014 at 8:49 PM

Quote - I also saw 2 dates: the 14th in a link and the 18th on the site. I also read there is some hassle about male models...

Here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php it says 14th

And here it says 18th: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?contest_id=1394

I only saw the 14th deadline today and was working with the 18th. Darn, I worked so hard on my render can we get any clearance?

...well I just looked at the gallery and there are submissions dated both yesterday and today.  Guess it's time to get back to work.  I still wish they would have fixed the error on he contests page.

Also still would ike to know for sure if it has to be "you" the artist, or can your character determine the nation that is represented?  has anyone spoke with the organisers?

SissyB ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2014 at 2:20 AM

the best is contacting directely KimberlyC, she's in charge with the contest.

Sylvan3D ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2014 at 3:01 AM

Okay, after a clear "yes" on male contestants I worked my butt off and now the "yes" turned into a "no". This is just wrong, I worked hours on end because you guys said yes. You "hope" to have a male contest...

Thanks Renderosity, this leaves me with a very sour taste.

joaquinmojado ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2014 at 1:27 PM

Even if we don't win Round 1 will we still be able to participate in rounds 2 and 3

SissyB ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2014 at 5:19 PM

Quote - Even if we don't win Round 1 will we still be able to participate in rounds 2 and 3

i don't know but i don't think...

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 11:27 AM

I thought today was the last day to submit and now I see I "don't have permission to view page".  I never saw the 14th, just the 18th.  sheesh.  Now what?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

joaquinmojado ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 11:39 AM

When does the voting begin. Can't see the entries anymore

alanbard ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 6:19 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2014 at 6:20 PM

apparently July 18 end of contest unlike July 18 end of sale means closing earlier in the day.
Having corralled some time to work on an entry,
not pleased to be told on July 18 --- you don't have permission to access the entry page... 

Round 1 :: Swimsuit Competition

Entry Period: June 30th - July 18th.
Community Voting: July 19th - July 28th.
Submissions can include 2D or 3D.
Winners from Round 1 will be announced on July 29th and will advance to Round 2.

Things may be different back East, but in Oregon it's still July 18th 

alanbard ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 6:21 PM

file_505861.jpg

and after all that it tossed the attached file.  Trying again 

alanbard ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 6:22 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2014 at 6:29 PM

file_505864.jpg

for lack of a contest link;

alanbard ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 6:24 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2014 at 6:29 PM

file_505865.jpg

for lack of a contest link

yoyodyne5 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 9:23 PM

I thought the deadline for entries was the end of the 18th? I had an entry to submit. Where are the published rules?

Meddlesom ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 12:32 AM

Quote - apparently July 18 end of contest unlike July 18 end of sale means closing earlier in the day.
not pleased to be told on July 18 --- you don't have permission to access the entry page... 

Round 1 :: Swimsuit CompetitionEntry Period: June 30th - July 18th.
Winners from Round 1 will be announced on July 29th and will advance to Round 2.

On the contest page for it, it said submissions had to be posted by 10am CET on the 18th.  I submitted mine with like 12 minutes to spare, but I have no idea if it was accepted or not since the page is missing now...

alanbard ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 3:54 AM

10 am central standard time is 8 am for folks on the West Coast, so for all practical purposes the entry period ended on the 17th. 
As I recall I  made a quick visit to the contest page when I first saw it to see if it required any special items to be used. But obviously I wasn't looking for info about when the entry period ended. 

I've gotten worked over by companies whose "the contest ends the 21st" meaning 12:01 am (which by the way is how your car insurance usually works). 

But since I was accustomed to being able to get the days specials up through midnite CST -- I admit I assumed July 18th was July 18....

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 4:26 PM · edited Sat, 19 July 2014 at 4:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - apparently July 18 end of contest unlike July 18 end of sale means closing earlier in the day.

Round 1 :: Swimsuit CompetitionEntry Period: June 30th - July 18th.

On the contest page for it, it said submissions had to be posted by 10am CET on the 18th.  I submitted mine with like 12 minutes to spare, but I have no idea if it was accepted or not since the page is missing now...

...check your site email.  If it was, an acknowledgement should be there.

Meddlesom ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2014 at 7:54 AM

Quote - ..check your site email.  If it was, an acknowledgement should be there.

I was in such a rush to get it submitted that I missed a rule... and put my signature on the picture and got disqualified... 

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2014 at 4:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - ..check your site email.  If it was, an acknowledgement should be there.

I was in such a rush to get it submitted that I missed a rule... and put my signature on the picture and got disqualified... 

....ouch. Easy to do if you always sign your work.

I was worried myself that I might have forgot to reset the resolution to 72 dpi, Dragged myself out of bed at 6:30AM (local time) after turning in only three and a half hours earlier to make sure it was accepted so I had enough time to reprocess and resubmit the image.

...getting too old for these late nighters.

alanbard ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2014 at 4:47 PM

all the announcement had to say was: June 30th to 10 am July 14th.

----|
or July 14th 10 AM CST.

simple
why had stuff?

Jonrea ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 6:05 PM

Can I assume that we can post our images to the galleries now if they weren't selected by the community.

bwldrd ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 2:00 AM

Congratulations to all those who moved to next round. As for those who didn't make it, when do we get gift certificate for round one if our entry(ies) for round one was accepted?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 6:20 PM

Quote - Okay, after a clear "yes" on male contestants I worked my butt off and now the "yes" turned into a "no". This is just wrong, I worked hours on end because you guys said yes. You "hope" to have a male contest...

Thanks Renderosity, this leaves me with a very sour taste.

Hey, don't bother to waste hours creating something you'll be proud of - male or female. You'll be eliminated by absolute crap in the first round. Don't belive me? Take a look at some of the 95 "winners" of round 1.....

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

DarrenUK ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 5:57 PM

According to the contest page for round 2, approved entries for round one should have received their 5 dollar code on the 1st of August. I haven't had mine yet. If anyone did get theirs, was it an email or a site mail? 😕

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

bwldrd ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 7:27 PM

Received mine, though I had to go to my account, and gift certificates to find it, didn't have any notification.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

akawidow ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 1:07 AM

i did not recieve anything via site or email yet either.

DarrenUK ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2014 at 2:58 AM

Just checked my gift cert page and it was in there. Wish there was flashing icon on the page like there is for sitemail and other messages and a consistent form of receiving voucher and gift codes, especially if they are only valid for a short time.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.