Fri, Sep 20, 4:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free professianal Carrara shaders website

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 11:25 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:29 AM

Attached Link: Free Carrara shaders

Hello everyone I am currently making a website with hundreds of FREE shaders for carrara all are origanal shaders I have created over the years all are professianal quality.

please have a look to see the quality of the shaders. the website is being done in my spare time. I am doing this because there seems to be very few places to get good shaders for Carrara.

It is taking some time to post my shaders as I am posting them and making linkes one by one and with hundreds of shaders this is time consumeing.

Please have a look what I have done so far. www.shaders3d.weebly.com

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 11:29 AM
Forum Moderator

Thank you for sharing your collection

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

booksbydavid ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 11:36 AM · edited Thu, 07 August 2014 at 11:41 AM

Thanks for sharing! Nothing seems to be available yet, but I'm waiting in eager anticipation. :)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 1:05 PM

Cool, thanks!

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 2:59 PM

There is now my metal colection online and free to download....enjoy

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 3:05 PM

Awesome!  By any chance, were you going to add a "collection" download link?  No problem if not, but I would then wait, before downloading all 60 or so shaders

Antaran ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 3:33 PM

This is brilliant. And thank you so much for sharing!

I second 3doutlaw's question about collection downloads. I think it might also make your own job easier if you can upload a single file, single link collection and just have a bunch of images associated with it as prewviews of what's inside.

But, of course, whatever works better for your own needs is best.

Thank you! I'll keep watching your site.

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 5:15 PM

all my glass shaders have now been uploaded as well and are ready for download.

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 5:18 PM

3DOutlaw, I might in the future but for right now they will only be available as single downloads.  

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 5:33 PM

Awsome and thank you!

The Rough Yellow and the second Rough Yellow, being in the families (rough and Rust) I think the second is supposed to be rust yellow based on the picture but the file is also Rough Yellow like the above Rough Yellow.

Again thank you!

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 5:53 PM

Thanks Xerxes0002, I fixed the problem and replaced the shader with a new shader called "Gold Flake"

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 8:03 PM

Quote - 3DOutlaw, I might in the future but for right now they will only be available as single downloads.  

OK, thanks for considering it!

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 11:07 PM

Quote - 3DOutlaw, I might in the future but for right now they will only be available as single downloads.  

thanks for your kindness in sharing these!

DUDU0001 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 8:35 AM

Thank you very much, you are super sympathetic !
It is not often that we can obtain free high-quality things for Carrara, yet thank you !
Can I put the link on Carrarators ?

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 9:41 AM

yes Dudu0001, please spread the word.

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 4:11 PM

I just added my "Wood Collection" and Clean Metals" collections

There is now Rust/Old Metals, Wood, Glass and Clean Metals all available now.

will be working on putting up my Leather collection and Plastic collection next.

I hope someone finds them useful.

DUDU0001 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2014 at 3:24 AM

I tested the two  first series, it's impeccable and very instructive in the same time.
Thank you !

Antaran ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2014 at 6:50 PM

Great shaders! I played with the metal and glass ones a bit, and they are wonderful and educational as starting points for further customization. Thank you!

The leather previews look amazing. I am looking forward to them.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2014 at 11:45 PM

Nice attention to detail, like your music. :D

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2014 at 5:59 PM

Mark & Antaran, Thank you.

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2014 at 6:09 PM

Wanted to say Thank you again!

NetWorthy ( ) posted Tue, 19 August 2014 at 7:03 PM

I just looked at these and I am completely blown away - by the depth of your generosity, and the FANTASTIC quality of these shaders! I will play with these a bit and then post something soon...

Thanks again!

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2014 at 11:00 AM

Plastic shaders are now available :)

Thank you Networthy and Xerxes0002

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 4:39 PM

"Alian Skins" are now available

booksbydavid ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 5:43 PM

The Alien skins are very nice. Thanks. I'll be using these a lot.

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 1:42 AM

Please let us know when you have these all posted.  It's a great library and truly a generous collection!

-Kix

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2014 at 11:47 PM

The website is now complete and all shaders are now available!

Happy rendering!

Rock, glass, paper, tile, cage, metals, plastic, wood, rust, cloth, misc, leathers, alain skins, water, etc....all are ready.

booksbydavid ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2014 at 11:45 AM

And in single download collections as well. Outstanding!! Thank you very much. :)

Antaran ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2014 at 7:53 PM

Thank you so much for these! And they come with special textures, too - amazing! Thank you!

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2014 at 1:15 PM

Thank you again. 

tsarist ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 8:06 PM

Thanks these are really great shaders.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you load these up?

I have only ever used shaders bought from Daz and they load up automatically.

Antaran ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 8:19 PM

There are 2 ways to do this:

Either save them under an existing folder inside [program files]Carrara #PresetsShaders

(Program files are on Windows, or wherever your Carrara is installed on the Mac)

OR

Save wherever you want and then in your browser for shaders there is a menu in top right corner of the little browser subwindow where you can choose to add a new folder and you can add the folder where you saved the new shaders.

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 11:09 PM

take the .cbr files and I put them in folders by type and all the folders in a single folder (name as you will), then in Carrara click on Shaders and then click on the far right the little round icon that shows a paper with a folded corner.  Click add folder and navigate to the single folder that contains the others.  Add that and they are color shaders is the type.  I will try to find the video that was done that showed how to re-organize the shaders my marco I think.

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 9:37 AM

Or you could just unzip them and drop them where they aught to be.

file_013d407166ec4fa56eb1e1f8cbe183b9.jpYes there are 2 "my shaders" one is the back up on a different drive. The loose .cbrs are my actual shaders lol

I tend to rebuild shaders a lot, but if I had any sence I'd save out the ones I rebuld the most. Like for Jack's sets, stone mason's, Lisa's botanical and so on.

tsarist ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2014 at 8:41 PM

Thanks Antaran, Xerces and Stan!

I'm going to follow your advice once I get a chance to breathe and sit down to use carrara again.

Busy, busy, busy and not in a good way!

Again, thanks guys,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.