Mon, Sep 9, 6:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: combining figures

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 8:23 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 7:24 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I finally got the game developer version and the first figure I tried I get this result. The left is the original and the right is the combined. I'm getting some serious poke through. I had some poke though issues with the original but not in the same loocation and I fixed them with the morph brush. Can anyone help me?

Also, where is the Where is the Poser gave Dev addendom located? When I click on it in the help menu, nothing happens. I looked where the other manuals are and I don't see it. Ithought I'd ask here incase it's somewhere else before I pestered SM about it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 9:45 PM · edited Thu, 21 August 2014 at 9:46 PM

Where is the Poser gave Dev addendom located?

I think its in the file "PoserSupport.exe", part of the files downloaded in the game dev version.

Lots of useful info there regarding poke through and such.

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 10:08 PM

"Where is the Poser gave Dev addendom located?"

Where is the Poser Pro 2014 PDF it didn't install w/ the last SR

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 4:32 AM

I installed the Game Dev version to my main 'C' Drive and in my case the Addendum can be found on Drive C in a folder called Documentation.  This seems to be default as I have some other Poser manuals there.

I thinkl you need to download and install the support files for this to appear.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 4:51 AM

RedPhantom, why not go through the remove unseen polys process?  That will not only relieve the poke-through, but it will also reduce polygon count in the bargain.   Combine figures and remove unseen polys kind of naturally go together.

The process would remove the underlying doll's skin where it is covered by clothing.  You may need to fine-tune the poly selection near sleeve openings, etc.  It may be difficult to do for hair, so you might do a combine for everything except the hair, then remove unseen polys, then do a second combine with the hair.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 5:27 AM

Hi Red Phantom

I had similar problems, though not to that extent.  I decided that I'd delete and mesh that caused pokethrough, though not to use the auto delete option with combine figures.

Before combineing the figures I used the grouping tool to remove polygons that are obscured by clothing.  Then combine the figures into one figure for export.

1 Select the a clothing item and right click on it, select display styles-wireframe from the context menu.  Repeat for all clothes.

2 Select the main figure and open the grouping tool.  Select a bodypart, it should show up red, meaning the polygons are selected.  If the whol group is covered by clothes, use the Delete button at the bottom of the Grouping tool to delete them.  If it is only partially obscured then use the - selection option and deselect and polygons you want to delete.  Hit the Delete button then click Add all to make sure the polygons are added back to the group.

3 Repeat step 2 for all bodyparts :)

Unless you are going to be adding different clothes to your character in the game environment, I don't think you'll need to worry about whether there a polygons under the clothes or not.

On a game engine note reducing Polygons is a good thing, the lighter the mesh the easier it will be for your game to handle.  The Unity game engine (the free one anyway) has a limit on polys in a figure (, anything over that it will split into a second mesh.  While Unity will behave as if it were one model, I think it's best to keep it to one, to avoid unforseen complications later :)

Sadly my aging brain doesnt remember the limit, but this Unity page gives some ideas on polycounts to aim for.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ModelingOptimizedCharacters.html

Hope that helps

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 7:15 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

OK. I forgot to install the support files. I did that and now I have the manual. Thanks.

I tried using the find hidden polys and tried both options, either to group them or to delete them. I got the same results as above except this happened to the eyes when I used the delete the unseen polygon option.

Now that I have the manual, I'll read it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

smallspace ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 4:03 AM · edited Sat, 23 August 2014 at 4:04 AM

The clothing looks altered, as if it had a "smooth" or "shinkwrap" performed on it during the combining process. That begs the question: "Why should combining the figures together alter the clothing shape in any way in the first place?" It's not as if the clothing was not already made for the figure and needed to be altered to fit...

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 9:37 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Originally the clothing didn't fit that figure. I had converted it but I wouldn't think that would matter. When I tried the same clothes with the original Sydney, it worked fine so I think it is either some of the morphs or resizing I did or it's possible that I used the beta wm sydney. I had been part of beta testing the Weight mapped version of Sydney back when Poser Place had still been around and I still have her so maybe that's the problem. I may try to remake the character using the original Sydney and see what happens.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.