Thu, Sep 19, 9:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: September Carrara Challenge - Just Say NO to Flat 3D

DustRider ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2014 at 11:40 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 8:54 AM

The information for the September Carrara challenge has been posted in the Carrara Forum (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/45561/) I thought I’d better post information about the challenge here for those who have Carrara, but don’t frequent the DAZ 3D Carrara forum very often

If you’re new to Carrara, have Cararra and haven’t really used it, or maybe your planning on picking up Carrara on the 50% off sale that started today, this is the perfect challenge for you. The main focus of the challenge is to go back to the basics, and create an image with the best lighting and complimentary materials/shaders to get the best 3D render you can.

The real bonus for the new user with this challenge is that Infinite Skills Inc. is one of our sponsors. They are the publishers of the outstanding Carrara training videos by PhilW. This Is an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about shaders, lighting, and rendering by participating in the challenge. Plus if you place in the challenge you will be able to get some fantastic Carrara training materials (the participant that gets first place will receive all three videos, including the training video that was just released here today, Carrara - Realism Rendering Training Video.

Please join the challenge and “Just say NO to flat 3D”

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

DustRider ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 5:30 PM

News Flash!!

In addition to the great prizes from Infinite Skills, DAZ 3D once again will be providing their very generous support to the challenge (the first post in this thread has been changed to reflect their support).

The prizes for Challenge participants from DAZ 3D will be:
1st place: $100.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).
2nd place: $50.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).
3rd place: $25.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).
Two honorable mentions will each receive: $10.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s).

Thanks DAZ 3D!!!!

headwax. ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2014 at 8:18 PM

Great topic, thanks for the hard work DustRider :)

evilproducer ( ) posted Fri, 29 August 2014 at 11:28 PM

Lots of cool WIPs. Stezza has outdone himself!

headwax. ( ) posted Sat, 30 August 2014 at 12:33 AM

But of course, he thinks he is going to win! Hahahahahhahahahahhahahah ... Fiendish laughter, wait till I do rabbit in a sock with a sword ! Hahahahahahahahahahaha ;)

DustRider ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 11:39 PM

Voting is open for the Sept. Carrara Challenge! Please come by and support your fellow Carrara artists and vote for your favorite images.

The voting thread can be found here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.