Mon, Sep 9, 6:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Thanks to helpers

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2014 at 7:30 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 5:42 PM

Finished my latest courseware project today.  More or less, give or take a couple months of mopup and debug.

Along the way I popped in here several times to ask questions about HTML5, RWD and other arcane subjects.  The answers weren't complete but did steer me onto the correct path.

Thanks!  Now I can return to a more normal graphics hobbyist life.  Pure programming is a drab gray existence.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2014 at 3:45 AM

What sort of thing are you programming Ockham? 

I only ask because I love a bit of coding :)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2014 at 4:18 AM

I tried to program a universal remote once. It wasn't pretty....

:b_shocked:

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2014 at 5:46 AM

I'm taking my old Anatomy and Physiology courseware (study guide bundled with a college textbook) and converting it from a self-contained Win EXE to a series of web modules.   The original was written around 1998.  It was a set of data files containing a mix of text and graphic instructions and images, which the EXE interpreted. 

Turns out that I had written something very much like SVG, so a lot of the conversion process was turning those graphic commands into SVG, and turning the text stuff into straightforward HTML, all controlled and recorded by JS code.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2014 at 7:00 AM

Sounds like a fun job :)  I did something similar ages back, but converting excel data and images into a website with a seach function.  I used php though.

I get your point though, I was quite happy once that project was over :)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.