Sat, Aug 3, 9:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: How perfect is perfect

sheedee3d ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 9:30 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 9:22 PM

Hello;

I am sure that every one is familiar with the perfect body fix solution for V4 from Meipe & Xameva.

I have been using it an applying it to my V4 characters since the first time that it was introduced a couple of years ago…but here is the thing…i dont know if this is normal…but after applying all the fixes i still end up readjusting the morph dials to achieve a decent look….and even then…still imperfections remain!...so therefore the question…how perfect is perfect?...

Unless i am missing some steps in the workflow…is it normal that even with all the fixes applied to V4…bend imperfections still remain?...

Funny thing of it all is…that in the product promo images the featured character does look perfect!...so these fixes supposedly should do the trick!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/perfect-v4-complete—-full-body-fix/94928

I am sure that vendors have a bag full of tricks to make there characters look perfect…if only i knew what those tricks are!...

Any tips/suggestions on achieving perfect bends for V4 are welcome!...

Thx for viewing

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 9:54 AM

I think perfection is quite hard to achieve when the doll itself work beyond what a human can actually do.  You can squeeze V4 into poses that the average yoga master would wince at :)

Over and above that the Morph tool is your bestest friend :)  If you get some wierd looking behavious at bends and suchlike, the Moprh Tool in Poser will help you get nice smooth joints, if the mesh will allow it.

Turning V4's limits on, which I guess represent the normal limits of human joint movement, you are less likely to get into a pickle.  That said I'm not sure how many pose packs out there would work fully with the limits turned on.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 11:36 AM

Which V4 version are you referring, base V4 or Weightmapped?  IIRC, the WM V4 does have incompatibility issues with some morphs, but not all.  I do agree with Fugazi1968 about pose limitations as dictated by the Limits On feature.

sheedee3d ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 11:59 AM

How do i turn off Limits and IK in Poser?...

And i use the base V4...not weight mapped.

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 12:47 PM

Generally I do not have a problem with V4WM and the perfect fixes, depending on the pose in question I might have to change the degree to which the fix is applied.  That said I tend not to do 'pin up' but a lot of my Sci-Fi renders have some very tight clothing on my V4 figure and she does get herself into some really strange positions and scrapes.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 3:10 PM

Quote - How do i turn off Limits and IK in Poser?...

And i use the base V4...not weight mapped.

They are both on the Figure menu on the top of the screen.  Use Limits is ticked if turned on, and you can turn off the Inverse Kinematics by selecting the bodypart from the menu.  The IK bit is the option above Use Limits

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 3:13 PM

Quote - Which V4 version are you referring, base V4 or Weightmapped?  IIRC, the WM V4 does have incompatibility issues with some morphs, but not all.  I do agree with Fugazi1968 about pose limitations as dictated by the Limits On feature.

That's an interesting thought, I don't know how well morphs mix with the wm version.  I suspect to too well for JCMs that are created by posing the leg and fixing it.  But I've been pleasantly surprised before :)

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 17 September 2014 at 6:57 PM · edited Wed, 17 September 2014 at 6:59 PM

Poser 2014's morph brush is almost pleasure to work with, and it really does fix most bend issues in a matter of moments.

"Perfect" is purely subjective and a marketing word. I use the Meipe's fixes and they regularly need adjustment. The promos aren't going to show every pose imaginable, so you'll only see the ones that worked out best.

Using limits will make most pose sets no longer work as intended, as V4 is often twisted into odd positions that only appear to be correct, but if you're posing from scratch, not a bad idea to use them.

Another thing that helps with bending her is using the bending morphs in the morphs ++ pack, rather than just adjusting dials in the joints or using the translate/rotation tools. Those are the morphs like "raise arms" and "bend waist" that are included. 

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.