Wed, Sep 18, 11:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:37 pm)

Subject: Remove animation, keep frame 1

Myrailon ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2014 at 11:34 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Hi,

I have an animated model. Stupid as I am I deleted all previous pz3 files, so I need to delete the animation, so only frame 1 remains. This is necessary for me to create another pose. How can this be done?

Roland

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2014 at 12:04 PM

Just change the frame count in your animation pallet to 1, in the 2nd box (default is 30). It will ask if you're sure you want to delete the frames, click yes.

Myrailon ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 3:53 AM

Thanks. This worked, but it's still not possible to edit the pose, bend the legs or add a pose. And the walk path is still visible.

3Dave ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 5:18 AM

To delete the path, select it from the props list or hierarchy editor then click Object>Delete Object from the main menu.

I'm not sure why your figure is not posing, have you tried selecting the Body from the figure list then Window>Joint Editor the click Zero Rotations, don't use Figure>Zero Figure as that will also zero morphs.

Another approach would be saving the figure in the Character Library, you can then choose to keep conformed clothing with the figure, this will save the morph setitngs without needing to save it as a pose.

Load the new figure in a new file and see if it works

raven ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2014 at 8:10 AM

Try this. Go to Window->Animation Palette. In the window that opens, click the triangle by the word Layer after the 3 tabs, and then Layer. In the dropdown menu there may be Base Layer and walk Figure. Select walk Figure and then you should be able to move your figure. When you have an animation, anims generally get assigned to a new layer. By default the Base Layer is selected and so you aren't affecting the animated layer.

Myrailon ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2014 at 1:02 PM · edited Mon, 22 September 2014 at 1:04 PM

file_507403.JPG

Hi,

thank you all. I changed the frame count (and it deleted the animation), I selected the path from the prop list and deleted it, I clicked at zero rotations in the joint editor (didn't make any difference, it was at zero) and I selected the base layer in the animation palette (it was selected). But if I add a pose, the model rests as it was, only the clothes are getting rumpled (see attachment). It seems as if the pose only affects the clothes, though in the hierarchy editor, I put them into the model right in the chest's tree. And, of course, I selected the whole body of the model.

Roland

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.