Sat, Aug 3, 8:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Trying to stop dynamic cloth simulation error. Please Help!!!

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 1:47 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

file_507495.jpg

Every time I run the caculate simulation button in cloth room it's like this dynamic dress turns into the black liquid off of Venom. I constrained the bottom of the dress (even) and it still happens. Is there something I can do to make it behave like a regular dress after simulation in the settings?

I think it might be because she has bullet physics on her butt. Then I simulated the dynamic dress on top of the bullet physics. I don't know.  The dress simulates normal when you take the bullet physics off her butt. I just feel it should still correctly simulate even with the bullet physics on the butt. Please some one help!!!!

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 2:01 AM

From that pic, it looks like you have the dress set to collide with her entire mesh, so when her arm swings in there, it's catching it. If you uncheck her forearms and hands, it should correct that.

Go through the collisions list and uncheck every part of her body that you don't want to interact with the dress sim.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 7:59 AM

rokket is correct I think.  As it's simulating the hand is coming into contact with the skir part and getting confused (it happens a lot).

I suspect that the bullet physics is moving he skirt just enough to cause the collision with the hand/forearm.

I have a slightly different version of rokkets solution, fo when you have a dynamic garment with arms that is causing the problem.

1 Set up simulation as normal

2 Go to 5 frames from the end and take all rotations off of the offending arm (at the top part of her arm so it sticks out like the tpose)

3 Go to last fram and reapply the pose

Moving her arm out of the way for most of the simulation usually avoids it accidentally catching in the mesh.

Rokkets option is better in this case, because your garment has no arms.  I only mention it in case you have a similar issue another time with a fuller garment :)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2014 at 3:34 PM · edited Wed, 01 October 2014 at 3:37 PM

Thank you guys so much. I just moved her arm out a little more (through each frame) and it fixed the simulation.  For some reason it didn't work when I unchecked the forarms and hands.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2014 at 12:53 AM

Quote - Thank you guys so much. I just moved her arm out a little more (through each frame) and it fixed the simulation.  For some reason it didn't work when I unchecked the forarms and hands.

I was going to suggest that, but for some reason I left it out of my post. I have to do that a lot when I am using someone else's poses. Everyone seems to make poses for the character when they are nude and don't take into account the offset of the cloth mesh that will eventually cover the model...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2014 at 5:44 PM

That makes sense.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.