Fri, Sep 20, 4:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Would appreciate input on workflow stategies

chris1972 ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 8:13 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:35 AM

I had a cryto virus hit my computer a few months ago and lost everything. So I am having to rebuild everything I was working on. In the past I have built only for Poser because I didnt want to screw with DS, I know I am limiting bussiness this way. I now have Modo 801 and as a fresh start I am thinking about building in Modo and then exporting props for Poser and DS. I build architectural models and enviroments. Should I create entirely seperate packeges for Poser and DS so that all shaders and light work properly and sell them as seperate packages. I see many products for sale that show they will work in both Poser and DS, but I am not sure that would work for me.

One other question, I build full size in Modo, Do you think anyone would purchase product made for higher end apps like Modo, in other words sell product in 3 different versions Full scale, Poser and DS.

I would appreciate some ideas on this.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 9:08 AM

Quote -  Should I create entirely seperate packeges for Poser and DS so that all shaders and light work properly and sell them as seperate packages.

That's what I would do. It's extra work and time invested, so you should be compensated for that. And it keeps things clear for the buyer. You could make your props available in .obj format, as all the higher end apps can read them, and they can be scaled up and down based on the users needs. 

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 9:37 AM
Online Now!

I think seperate packages for each is the way to go.  The danger with selling packages that cater for both is that some buyers who use just DS or Poser may think they are paying for something they will never use.  I know that sound strange but you often see something for $9.99 and not $10 or, if in the UK, £19.99 and not £20, its all in the mind.

I only use Poser so if a package has both Poser and DS downloads I never bother with the DS as it is just wasting hard drive space for me.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.