Thu, Sep 19, 5:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: PP2014 Game Dev is available for download, sidegrade or upgrade.

dreamcutter ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2014 at 8:49 PM

Attached Link: 60 Sec demo video made with Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev

I was really impressed with the motion capture and game development capabilities demonstrated in last thursdays Webconference hosted by Smith Micro.  

The impressive live mocap captureed the host in real time using MS Kinect hooked up to the laptop serving the conference. It is neat and must be seen.  Also clairified was the proper use of Scene Merge, texture atlas and poly reduction, FBX export were applied to samples.  I was blown away when they **announced that the current shipping version of Poser Pro 2014 and beyond will include perpetual 3d publishing (game) license of ALL Smith Micro sold content - not just what shipped.  Thats generous and exceptional.  **I guess Smith Micro recognizes that the next big wave is real-time 3d publishing.  

Big thanks to SM for the free Windows Kinect door prizes*, its awesome.  Last weekend I rendered 60 sec animation, rendered in 30 hours using Poser and Vue. Enjoy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N2lB7-RVIM

Dont take it from me check out the Webinar archive:  http://my.smithmicro.com/webinars/poser/introduction-to-poser-game-dev/index.html

• Just kidding, but they do tell you how to hack a XBox Kinect mocap and it works!

azoohouse ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 11:48 AM

Heads up people!!!!

I have a huge problem with Poser Game Dev. I recently upgraded from Poser 2014 (64bit) to Poser Game Dev. Now I can no longer import poser files into Vue Infinite 2014.6. I get this error....Error in Poser SDK (scene initialization failed). Please contact Smith Micro if this problem persists.

I already tried different SDKs and even tried pointing Vue to the 32bit installation to no avail. I contacted Smith Micro and got this reply..... "Thank you for contacting Support. We do not provide or support the Vue feature to import Poser Scenes. You will need to contact eon Software with the error you are encountering".

John Csaky | Customer/Tech Support
Smith Micro Software, Inc.

Both companies are just pointing fingers at each other which is no help to me. Is this happening to anyone else? Anyone have any suggestions? I need this fixed now. Is the only solution deactivating Poser Game Dev and/or uninstalling it entirely and trying to get Poser 2014 back installed and re-activated???? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 12:05 PM

Not sure if it helps but I have the Game Dev versions and also Vue Studio 2014.5 and I don't appear to have any problems importing Poser files.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

azoohouse ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 12:19 PM

Quote - Not sure if it helps but I have the Game Dev versions and also Vue Studio 2014.5 and I don't appear to have any problems importing Poser files.

Thanks for the reply. I see that you have a different version of Vue. I wonder if that would matter. What Poser SDK are you using? My Vue Infinite used October 2013 with Poser Pro 2014 and worked fine for me. The only change I made was the recent upgrade to Game Dev.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 12:43 PM

Quote - > Quote - Not sure if it helps but I have the Game Dev versions and also Vue Studio 2014.5 and I don't appear to have any problems importing Poser files.

Thanks for the reply. I see that you have a different version of Vue. I wonder if that would matter. What Poser SDK are you using? My Vue Infinite used October 2013 with Poser Pro 2014 and worked fine for me. The only change I made was the recent upgrade to Game Dev.

I have only ever used Esprit and Studio so I am not sure but, while Studio has less features, I do not think it is a simple cut down version of Infinite, by which I mean it is not mearly Infinite with some features taken out.  I base this on earlier threads here which gave details some of the differences.  That is the reason I was not sure if my esxperience would help.  The only difference appears to be that you are using Infinite and 2014.6

I used the same SDK, October 2013, which is the one have always with Studio both with Poser 2014 and more recently Poser Game Dev version.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

azoohouse ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 12:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Not sure if it helps but I have the Game Dev versions and also Vue Studio 2014.5 and I don't appear to have any problems importing Poser files.

I have only ever used Esprit and Studio so I am not sure but, while Studio has less features, I do not think it is a simple cut down version of Infinite, by which I mean it is not mearly Infinite with some features taken out.  I base this on earlier threads here which gave details some of the differences.  That is the reason I was not sure if my esxperience would help.  The only difference appears to be that you are using Infinite and 2014.6

I used the same SDK, October 2013, which is the one have always with Studio both with Poser 2014 and more recently Poser Game Dev version.

Ok, thank you. I guess I will have to try to revert back to the working Poser version as I can't wait for a new SDK to be released.

azoohouse ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 6:59 PM

I de-activated my Poser Game Dev and re-entered my Poser Pro 2014 information and serial number. Opened up Vue Infinite 2014.6 and now it imports my poser scenes once again.

So with that said and done, I will reiterate my warning. Heads up people! Poser Game Dev is not compatible with some versions of E-on software's Vue products. You may lose the Poser scene import feature in Vue if you upgrade!!!! 

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2014 at 9:09 AM

I'm cosidering going from Poser 10 to Game Dev.
Is Game Dev like 2014+ or will I be missing something that would require me to upgrade to 2014 also?

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2014 at 2:12 PM

Game Dev has everything the Poser Pro 2014 has with the Game Dev features added.

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 3:54 PM

Found Game Dev to be so buggy I have restored Pro 2014.

On the mac version when I want to save a character with clothing and hair to my poser library... it won't.

Anything with multiple props, or figures it won't save to the library.

It just won't. It will save as a poser save file however.

I have decided that for me the few extra game dev features are a waste of money. I would rather have the working features of Pro 2014.

I have notified Smith Micro of the bug. Don't expect to ever hear from them again.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 4:10 PM

@DalekSupreme: Have you updated to the latest service release? It should be SR5. 

I've had no problems using 2014 game dev, but I'm on a PC.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.