Sat, Aug 3, 12:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: object edge transparency

sirenia ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2014 at 7:30 AM · edited Sat, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

file_507791.jpg

Hello all,

I'm trying to make the edges of an object (a plane) 100% transparent but i did not succeed so far.
When you apply a fractal (that has transparenty) to a plane, you can still tell by looking at the edges that it is a plane. (see the attached image)

Is there any way that you can apply for example something like a "transparent from the center" of the plane (object) ?

Or even better, can you apply an edge transparency with a fractal itself ?

Thanks
Wim :-)

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 1:59 AM

A fractal used for transparency will work like this: where the fractal function returns black (-1), 100% transparency, where it returns white (1.0), whith variable transparency for the grey values inbetween (the whiter, the more visible), so a fractal is of no use for what you need. You need to create an alpha mask in a paint program and apply the mask in Vue

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.