Sat, Aug 3, 9:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Changes to Renderosity - is it just me

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 6:39 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 10:43 AM

Yesterday the Poser forum suddenly 'zoomed' and one page of thread list appears to take up a couple of screens. Now I have just noticed we have gained a spell checker, I hope that is not a mistake.

In the market place items I have already purchased are not showing as so and they also allow me to put the item into my card.  This is not a one off as I have checked a number of items.

I am hoping this is a temporary condition (apart from the spell checker) and not something that has happened on my PC alone. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 6:39 AM

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

ErickL88 ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 12:41 PM · edited Fri, 31 October 2014 at 12:44 PM

Yea, same here. Thread titles are huge now (huge font size) whereas on other things, like "Reply", "Views" and "Last Reply" the font size seems to be normal.

It's a quite funky looking forum now =)

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 1:26 PM

Yes,

a BIG - BIIg Hip Hip Hoera for the webmaster.

Please continue and  you"ll succeed to chase everybody away before Christmas.

The webmaster is 3-4 a year old?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Haruchai ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 1:55 PM · edited Fri, 31 October 2014 at 1:56 PM

**** In the market place items I have already purchased are not showing as so and they also allow me to put the item into my card.  This is not a one off as I have checked a number of items.

I am hoping this is a temporary condition (apart from the spell checker) and not something that has happened on my PC alone. ****

Same thing happening for me, pity, this was the best implementation of how to check what you have already bought of any store I have used. 

Seconding the  hope this is only temporary.

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 3:41 PM

So the new thread appeared which is good, it only took about 24 hours.  Spell checker is still here, which is a plus but the marketplace still allows you to put a product you have purchased into your cart and there is not warning that you already have it.

As to the rest of the changes.....not a fan. 

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 5:12 PM · edited Fri, 31 October 2014 at 5:12 PM

Your previous purchases not showing up is something that happens every time there is a "Grab bag" sale.  It's to permit repeated purchases of the grab bag item. It will return to normal when the grab bag thing is over.

It explains this on the grab bag page. But it would be nice if this fact were made known to people who don't actually read EVERYTHING on the site.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 6:01 PM

Your previous purchases not showing up is something that happens every time there is a "Grab bag" sale.  It's to permit repeated purchases of the grab bag item. It will return to normal when the grab bag thing is over.

It explains this on the grab bag page. But it would be nice if this fact were made known to people who don't actually read EVERYTHING on the site.

Thanks for the information - I was not interested in the grab bag so did not look at it closely.  

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 9:21 PM

Umm, I'm just going to loaf around a bit and reserve judgement, though honestly? I sincerely wish there was a means to choke down the font size on the forum titles w/o reaching for the browser zoom thingy...

On the plus side, the font for the topic titles is quite legible, even if it is 10' tall...

FWIW, I'm using a 2013 model 15" MacBook Pro and Chrome to see this.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 9:27 PM

PS: Seems that September came late this year...

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 8:27 AM

I cant even start my own thread!!! I can only post in existing ones most graphics are missing not good :-(

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 8:28 AM

I cant even start my own thread!!! I can only post in existing ones most graphics are missing not good :-(

My website

YouTube Channel

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 9:02 AM

Lord!  Who asked for changes?  RO keeps changing everything almost constantly.  WTF for?  Who is complaining? 

You had a fine site, a great one even, where the hell was the problem?

I'm sorry, this is so stupid it makes my head hurt.  What a waste of time and effort and resources.

You are paying someone for this travesty?  You could just be pocketing profit.  Dumb dumb dumb. 

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 10:51 AM

Just curious, is it down to my browser, or is everyone else lacking a 'Preview' button to preview a post before you post it?

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 11:25 AM

Seems to be no preview although a new thread needs to be confirmed, a sort of enforced preview.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 11:31 AM

Forget my last comment, the new thread appears to be added but it appears return a screen with and post button as though you want to comment on the subject you have just posted. 

If you are confused like me you hit post and thus post a blank comment, which explains why my recent posts have the new thread with my signature line duplicated beneath. 

'Idiot proof' can only be confirmed when you give it to and idiot and he still can't break it.   Nice to know I can still make the grade as an idiot.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 11:45 AM · edited Sat, 01 November 2014 at 11:45 AM

The signatures need a divider. If I read one more post that says (and I can't quote)

You can't change where you have been, only where you are going.

It looks exactly like you wrote that in your post, not in your sig.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 1:24 PM

Yea, sorry about that, it did not seem to be an issue before.

The reason I thought it might be just me is that the changes happened just after my PC had a virus, the sort that says your PC is locked because you have been looking at illegal images.  I managed to recover my PC without a full reload which is not always the case.  I think that might be because this was just a variation on a theme and, as this is my Poser PC, I suspect Roxie is taking revenge because I have been looking at pictures of Vicky. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.