Sun, Oct 6, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: This used to be the Poser forum

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 1:37 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:20 PM

Now it looks more like a Crimi-Clown episode.

What a disgrace.
A BIG Hiep Hiep Hoeraaa for the 4 year oldish webmaster that will succeed to chase everybody out before Christmas.

I will NOT answer questions until the format is restored to a usable layout.

This is ridiculous.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 5:44 AM

There is so much gone wrong with this downgrade to the forum that it is now all but useless to me. Merry Christmas Vilters. I'll come back next year to see if they got it fixed by then. Chances are the 4 year old who "fixed" everything will be going home for American Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years so I don't expect functional changes happening before then.

modus0 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 1:36 PM

There is so much gone wrong with this downgrade to the forum that it is now all but useless to me. Merry Christmas Vilters. I'll come back next year to see if they got it fixed by then. Chances are the 4 year old who "fixed" everything will be going home for American Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years so I don't expect functional changes happening before then.

You're more optimistic than I am.
Until the next forum change in a few years, we're going to be stuck with this, because that's how Renderosity operates. They've stopped paying any attention to the Marketplace feedback thread, and I predict that by the end of November the Forum feedback thread will be similarly ignored, with nothing "fixed".

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 9:48 PM · edited Sat, 01 November 2014 at 9:51 PM

Nothing is broken, everything is working as intended ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

av57925.png ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Periods don't wrap

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

lol

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

kljpmsd ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 9:01 AM

I agree completely.  I can't even shop here anymore since product images and thumbnails no longer load due to my third party cookie blocker (every other site including eBay, Daz3D, Renderotica, RDNA, etc still works just fine).

Maybe content creators can be persuaded to sell directly to us customers? 

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 12:09 PM

I use google chrome and have no problems navigating the marketplace or seeing any images. Perhaps you need to modify your 3rd party cookie blocker. 

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 4:20 PM

Yeaj, that cookie blocker (that I do not have) will change font size and restore previous functions.
LOL

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 11:18 PM

As far as I can see, the MP hasn't changed for months. I should know. I live in it. Only the forum is... different.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 11:47 PM · edited Sun, 02 November 2014 at 11:48 PM

There are a few minor formatting issues - as shvrdavid has demonstrated with the string of dots, but I'm actually kind of liking the new look. It's more modern and closer in line with other CG-related sites. 

I've managed to familiarize myself with the rearrangement of the tools I need access to, so no problems there. I'm happy that there is finally a spell check that's not browser-dependent. 

The print is small but I can zoom in with cntrl+mouse wheel scroll, which I have to do on just about every site anyway cause I'm getting to the point where I need glasses and my main monitor's recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080, so everything is small on my screen by default.

And in fairness, there's really no reason to have a string of dots in a post. (I know you're just giving an example).  Normal text seems to be wrapping as it should. I'm sure the coders will get the rest of the issues ironed out in due time, but really, we don't need 20+ threads on it filling the Poser forum.    

If there are specific issues or bugs you find with the new design, the Community Center forum is here: http://renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?forum_id=12357

For specific issues regarding problems with the marketplace, the MarketPlace Customer Support forum is here: http://renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?forum_id=12374

If you use those two forums to report issues you run into, they are much more likely to be seen and responded to by admin and addressed with the design team, than they are just posting them here in the Poser forum, where admin will easily miss them. 

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 12:03 AM

Well, I don't mind using the CTRL-SCROLL function to increase font size. No problem. I do it all the time elsewhere because I do use 1920x1200 on my machine.

But, but... then you go back to the main menu and WOW. Now you have REALLY GIANT FONTS!. LOL. Appropriate for Halloween, for sure. They are so big, they are positively scary. But I'm not going to bother admin with it because, in the grand scheme of things, it's just not important. Just pointing out that CTRL-SCROLL isn't the answer for all accessibility issues. :)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 9:55 AM

"I agree completely.  I can't even shop here anymore since product images and thumbnails no longer load due to my third party cookie blocker (every other site including eBay, Daz3D, Renderotica, RDNA, etc still works just fine)."

Depending on the type of browser you are using you may be able to make an exception to the blocking rule.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2014 at 8:49 AM

i'm feeling disoriented.

maybe tea will help

i saw a cat, then i saw just a smile

shunted to a chrome universe - noooo

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2014 at 12:50 PM

can't click straight to the last page of a thread no mores?

is 1 2 3 ellipseses

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Morkonan ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2014 at 9:43 AM · edited Mon, 10 November 2014 at 9:44 AM

The forum layout is.... poopies.

But, I can look on the bright side of things. Now, after I create a post, a nice little lime-green whatsits box appears at the top of forum header to let me know that my post, which I am now viewing as being in the thread, has "successfully been posted."

Yes, thank you oh mighty and mysterious forum for confirming that my post was posted after I posted it...Maybe the forum software is glad that I was successful?

Navigating this place is ridiculous and the presentation is awful. There is absolutely no reason, that I can fathom, why Renderosity can't just go grab a ready-made bit of forum software and tack it onto their site. At worst, they could hire a service. Internal development for the forums is the cause of the problem, not the solution. For good online solutions like "forums" you need engineers, not artists. 

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2014 at 6:18 PM

Now it looks more like a Crimi-Clown episode.

What a disgrace.
A BIG Hiep Hiep Hoeraaa for the 4 year oldish webmaster that will succeed to chase everybody out before Christmas.

I will NOT answer questions until the format is restored to a usable layout.

This is ridiculous.

I hate the look. Its too...it is just annoying.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

DrNewcenstein ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 11:00 AM

Does it still crash if you create an open Comment tag in a post?

R'osity has come a long way since 1998. They've almost grown up into something to see, though the primary focus has always been the Marketplace more than the Forums. 

Willow and Ian's original PFO always did that best, before "The War".

What I find most disturbing about the site is there's no direct one-click link to the Forum list. You click "Forums" and get "My Forums". I literally sat for 5 minutes going "WTF is that? If I haven't subscribed to or created any Forums, how do I get there?" 

But there's no better Trip Down Memory Lane than the last page of the Rosity Store. I still have most of those in my Runtime folder, using Poser Pro 2014/GameDev :lol:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.