Fri, Sep 20, 3:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: DAZ Combat Pack owners please read....

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 11:34 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:27 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_215883.jpg

The attached picture shows the clothing loaded and conformed. The tank top does not conform at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I tested it with both Poser and the pro pack.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 11:49 AM

Yup, same thing here. Have a note in but I think we'll have to wait until Monday. Do your Mike clothes fit ok? Mine do. It looks like the Vickie set wants her to be as tall as Mike. Marque

Dmentia ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 12:27 PM

dont have the pack myself, but out of curiosity what is the figure height set to?...ideal, fashion model, or hero?...and what is vicki's set to?...could that be the problem?

chromecafe ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 12:32 PM

hehehehee gi vicky would kick her ass , she cant even put her clothes on properly lol

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 12:40 PM

Good call Dmentia but it's also set at ideal adult. I think when the person did them he set them to Mike's height somehow. The come in too high and just don't conform. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 12:50 PM

And even once you get the shirt on her it doesn't fit her. Weird. Marque

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 12:51 PM

Is it possible the merchant erred and actually made it for the P4 woman?

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 12:55 PM

Nope, just tried it. Has anyone else noticed that the model of vickie moves when you bring in the clothes? Marque

chromecafe ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 12:58 PM

maybe the vest was modelled round a morphed exported vicki have you tried the barbarian morphs?

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 1:00 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_215884.jpg

Gee, anyone notice anything here? Check out where the belt line and nipple lines are. And although I conformed them to Mike, this is where they first showed up. The only morph on this body is the head morph. Everything else is good ole Mike. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 1:01 PM

file_215885.jpg

and the side.

chromecafe ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 1:06 PM

mmmmmmmmm btw did I mention gi vicky is in store and I am currently working on gi mike nearly finished , I didnt realise mike was a cross dresser :-)

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 1:11 PM

I have the same problem :( DAZ became a lot badly E-Mails S Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 1:11 PM

file_215886.jpg

Marque, The clothes work OK with Mike for me as well. I moved the shirt down and applied the dog tags and the bandana. The bandana can easily be adjusted to fit Vicki with hair, but a morph is needed to move "on top" of the ponytail. Nice evidence Marque. I just keep wondering how they were able to do the picture for the product page?? :-)

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 2:49 PM

They probably packed a wrong file for the download. I'm sure they'll fix it on Monday. Does the Vicki outfit have body morphs so we can use Barbarian, etc.?

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 2:54 PM

I know they will deal with it. It's just frustrating that it's happening more lately. Weird how some things work on some systems and not others, even though they appear to be the same setup. Although milamber is right, I wonder how they got that pic? lol Marque

otaku ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 3:03 PM

No, no morphs for the Vicki shirt and the pants do have morphs but they are for style changes rather than for V2 body morphs. I think Daz would really add to the value of Viki 2 if all the clothing they release had those body morphs included. I understand why third party vendors haven't but according to what I read about the V2 clothing morph kit it's been made easier with scripting and adjustments. Food for thought Daz.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 3:20 PM

If the V2 clothing morph kit works for you. None of the bottoms work for me, they are trying to fix it now. And the scripting from what I've been told is not how the morph is done. The pack here in the store does a better job. If the Daz set works for you great, but it's been a disappointment for me so far, and I am a staunch supporter of Daz. Marque

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 3:38 PM

Okay...I have made alot of clothing for Vicki and Mike. Some of it I have not had time to conform, yet, so just add as a "smart prop" in my Poser...Have you tried adjusting the y trans for the tank top? Looks like that is where your problem lies.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 3:54 PM

Cresent, I would think that DAZ would have some type of change management software and procedures in place to keep something like that from happening. otaku, I agree that supporting the morphs would add value to the clothing. I am also having problems with the morph pack. The hip on the pants does not have any working morphs. I even tried deleting the rsr for the cr2. I have only played with the skirt for a little bit. I need to do some more testing with it.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 4:43 PM

Yup Poppi, I have tried everything. Marque

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 6:11 PM

Okay....Just thinking....on my new clothing, since I am just testing them as "smart" props...I sometimes have to make very small adjustments...However, nothing of this magnitude. Shoot....I need to stop being lazy...yeah right...3 18 hour days, last week...conform 'em and put them out for sale. Poppi

Xena ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 7:06 PM

Marque, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't get the bottoms to work with the V2 clothing morph kit. It's been driving me nuts.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 7:49 PM

You need to let Daz know because they think it's only a few people having the problem. Send an email to micah. Marque

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 8:22 PM

Speaking of Daz....What ever happened to Betsy and her "Tech Tips"? Was that just a quick entrance, on her part, to remind us of their copywrite rules? I checked out the "combat" clothing....it is a daz item, not a brokered one. So, contacting Daz would be the first way to go. They are rather simple garments, and, should not be too hard to fix. I know, it is frustrating to get something new, and not have it work right...but, contact Daz. I think they are very reputable, and will fix it quickly.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 9:37 PM

Marque & Zena, With the morph pack, the pants are the only thing I have problem with. The bikini bottom, skirt, and catsuit have not shown any problems. What version of Poser are each of you using? I'm using P4 Propack SP3.

Xena ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 9:50 PM

I'm using Poser 4.03, no Pro Pak. The bikini bottoms don't work at all. I actually had to resize them to fit one of my slimmer V2 girls. The bikini top works for perfectly. I haven't tried any of the other pieces yet. Marque, I've never emailed Daz before, could you give me the specific email addy to use?

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 10:00 PM

Yes I would start with micah@daz3d.com and tell him it's about the v2 clothing morph pack. They think it's only affecting about 5 users, so they need to know it's more than that. I would give him your configuration of your system and make sure he knows you aren't using the pro pack. Marque

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 10:03 PM

Xena & Marque, I'll install the morph packs on 4.03 and see what happens. It bloats the hard drive a little, but I keep both 4.03 and the Pro Pack installed.

Xena ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 10:13 PM

Thanks Marque.

otaku ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2001 at 11:44 PM

I was told that the bikini problem was a mac pro pac issue and that they were working on it. Are any PC users having trouble with the bikini bottoms.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 1:13 AM

Yes I am. I have win 2k and I'm using the pro pack. Marque

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 3:00 AM

I'm a PC user without the Pro Pak installed.

jbrugion ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 11:11 AM

If you are having any problems with the V2 clothing pack please pass them to Daz. Daz, Curious Labs and I have been trying to track this problem down and have been having a hard time replicating it on any of our systems. Also include whether or not you have installed the Victoria Clothing Pack 1 patch that is available on the Daz site for free download. Thanks.

a_super_hero ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 11:20 AM

Hello, I just called DAZ and they said the shirt works on the person's computer who made it, but no one else and they should have a patch within a day (crossed fingers)

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 11:59 AM

Cool, I'm sending Micah some files to look at today and also going to install it in my other system that is win98 Poser without the pro pack. Marque

DAZTechGirl ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 6:46 PM

Hello everyone! This Ii Betsy, DAZTechGirl. Just wanted you all to know that I have emailed an updated installer to all those who have emailed me, I will now go through the other 100 some odd that have purchased it, but not emailed me about it. LOL. If you get an update twice, sorry. Anyway, I am sorry for the inconvience. For all those interested in knowing.... The betafiles got switched with the final files for the installer, but we had the final files in our Poser directories, so we could not tell there was a problem till we heard from you. Thanks again for your continued support and patience!! Betsy

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 7:01 PM

Thanks for the info Betsy :) I'll watch my email.

otaku ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 8:29 PM

Knew Daz would fix things. I'm just glad the error was a simple one. It just goes to show that no matter how sure you are that things are working you have to test them on a clean machine. I'm downloading the files now and look forward to playing with the corrected clothing. Now let's get those V2 morph bikini bottoms fixed.

annemarie ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 1:31 PM

DAZ would like to thank all those that purchased the DAZ Combat Pak for their patience. The initial problems with this product were fixed and updated on Monday, October 1. Betsy has attempted to email an updated installer to all those who purchased the Combat Pak before this time (whether they contacted us at DAZ or not). If we have missed any of you we do apologize and ask that you immediately contact Betsy at sales@daz3d.com for the fix. For future potential owners, if you purchase the Combat Pak now from our site you will be downloading the corrected and fixed files. Again we apologize for this error and appreciate your patience. AnneMarie White DAZ Productions www.daz3d.com

jbrugion ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2001 at 7:35 PM

FYI for anyone who hasn't heard. If you're still having problems with the Victoria 2 Clothing Pack 1 check with Daz tech support for a new updater for the Victoria Clothing Pack 1.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.