Sat, Aug 3, 9:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Looking for long curly hair

Cariad ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 9:51 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:27 AM

As the title says, I am looking for a long curly hairstyle for V4 preferably.  I want something around mid-back to waist length, and loose natural looking curls as opposed to a perm.  If anyone has any ideas (I have Amarseda that came with the V4 pro bundle forever ago and the curls are too tight), I would love to know.

Thanks

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 10:14 AM

Good luck.  I've been waiting for years for this.

Cariad ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 10:22 AM

Well maybe if we wish hard enough it will get made by someone.

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 10:24 AM

Amarseda hair over at Daz?

Cariad ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 10:27 AM

That I have tried, the curls are tighter than I was looking for but it may wind up being the only option, thanks for the input though.

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 12:42 PM

It sounds like what you are looking for is more of a long wavy hair. I'll add my voice to the list of those who would buy such a hair if one of the vendors created it!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2014 at 1:14 PM

What about the SAV Aphana Hair?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sav-aphana-hair/105056/

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2014 at 10:39 AM

Too over-the-top for my tastes.  The reason none of the exiting long, curly hair models work is:

A.  Gravity not taken into account, the pull of the long curl on the top of the head is going to straighten things out at the root to the ear.  

B.  Flax.  Not enough polys creates flaxen straw bends that look like twigs instead of natural waves, spirals and curls

C.  Collision.  In trying to keep it from being a rats-nest, modelers tend to poof it out too much at the sides in order to keep the polygons from intersecting. 

What's really needed is a way to dynamically layer one group on top of the other in a simulation, such as what Marvelous designer does for clothes so that ultimately the hair model itself can be fairly "together" when exported from such a simulation

D.  Modelers tend to go too short or too long...there is a sweet spot that just keeps getting totally missed that morphs just can't fix.

SAV has come close a few times and I often do use them for lack of better...but (and yes I am an armchair critic) from the cheap seats, it's bloody 2014 the tools and talent should be available to make this happen.  In fact, I'm fairly sure this is what it would take to reignite my love for Poser. 

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2014 at 10:50 AM

Fantasizing now, hopefully an aggressive programmer will pick up on this and run with it...I offer it up gratis.

There should be a stand-alone or plugin that takes your poser character and responds to simple commands.

Grow hair.  The model grows hair until you tell it to stop.  It is straight and parted down the middle.  When it collides, it drapes smoothly in real-time physic sim.

Move part left, right.  The part of the hair moves until you tell it to stop or there's a slider.

Curl with X clump:  The hair curls with X being defined as the thickness of the strand the curl gathers.  Advanced settings define the weight of the curl and how it reacts to the hair above it.  While the hair is curling it cross-references for collision in real time.  Sliders for size of curls and variation.

Pull Back at ears, reverse gravity, wind...all sims

It should work with polygons, not splines and should texture itself universally with a pallete of colored textures.

Export to Poser.  If you need morphs, simply restyle and export as morph target. 

Cariad ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2014 at 11:18 AM

Oh now that is an idea... sadly I can't program to save my life. 

I do agree about the lack of the 'sweet zone' for this sort of hair.  I was looking at a friend's hair when I decided the sort I wanted for this image I am doing.  It isn't wavy, definitely curly, but as was said, due to the weight of it it tends to be straighter towards the top.and gets curlier the closer to the ends it gets.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2014 at 6:54 AM

Have you looked at Frovida hair by 3Dream and Mairy? It is at DAZ.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2014 at 8:37 PM

I was just browsing through the Vintage section of the marketplace and Melite Hair sounds like what you are looking for.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=60389

Cariad ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2014 at 8:59 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am definitely going to have a look through them all, now that I have time at the computer again.  It was either this or try modeling hair again... the last attempt did not end well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.