Sun, Oct 6, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Genesis 2 Morphs in PP Game Dev and latest SR upgrade

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2015 at 4:20 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:15 AM

About the time that I installed the latest SR in PP Game Dev, I started having problems with morphs in Genesis 2 (DSON importer). None of the morphs I installed after the upgrade work. They appear in the parameter dials, but putting values in changes nothing. Everything installed prior to this upgrade works as usual.

According to the DAZ3D help desk, there is a known problem with DSON imported content and the latest SR upgrade of PP2014 (I presume it also effects Game Dev). I don't think it effects every one, and the response from DAZ personnel was sketchy at best. This may not be the problem that I have, but it certainly fits the time frame.

Does anyone know how to roll back an SR upgrade in PP2014/Game Dev? I haven't got the foggiest notion of how to go about this to see if it solves my issues.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

LMK 

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2015 at 5:29 PM

I don't know how to roll back -- except to get rid of Game Dev altogether -- which is just a reverse of the process of activating it (I believe).

But I appreciate the warning about the latest SR. (I didn't install it because I was waiting to see what deal breaking bugs it came with. I'm very glad you let us know.)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2015 at 5:49 PM

Moriador: 

I know some people are not having this problem, but the tech support people at DAZ3D informed me about this, so I think it is credible information.

I do not know what the nature of the problem is, so I do not know if rolling backward on SRs or versions will help. It seems to be a good place to start, and I have spent 20 hours trying other things.

I started a thread at DAZ forums last week (hoping that I wasn't the only one to have the problem and that I could get a quick answer). I wanted to avoid the usual down spiral thread that arises with these topics here, but not many people there offer suggestions. The people who most often post here are more knowledgeable. I would really like to just solve the problem.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/51002/

I would love to be able to take advantage and experiment with some of the innovations in Game Dev. 

LMK 

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 9:09 AM

Well DAZ is looking into my problem. No solutions are offered.

I have tried about everything I can think of to trouble shoot this compatibility problem. I can install morphs to Genesis 2, I can see them in the parameter dials, but they do not actually do anything. Nothing I have installed since early December works, but every morph I installed before that continues to work as expected.

I have reinstalled everything. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall Poser and re-install from scratch. That seems like a lot of work.

The few suggestions I have gotten I have tried, but it did not help.

I may just have to return a lot of content and products. But, I don't have any idea what I will do with DAZ store credits now.

LMK 

bhoins ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 9:46 AM · edited Thu, 15 January 2015 at 9:47 AM

The Problem appears to be that SR 5.1 broke compatibility. SR 5 works correctly. The only solution, I am aware of, at this time, is to roll back to SR 5, if you can. Note that does not mean that other solutions won't be available in the future.

You might also wish to file a bug with Smith Micro as 5.1 is their change. 

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 11:59 AM

Well, DAZ3D technical support says that Poser broke the DSON Importer, and I need to contact them to get it fixed.

So much for Poser compatibility, which is a pay your money and take your chances proposition.  :(

At this point I can not recommend Poser Pro Game Dev, Genesis/Genesis 2 products, and DSON Importer content.

It might work for you, and it certainly might not.

My best shot will be the Poser community. They remain the most innovative problems solvers in my experience. And of course new and very well made content like Dawn and Dusk (which are remarkably Poser compatible).

lmk

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 12:17 PM

The genesis content  i have works fine for me on game dev and sr 5.1

Whether installing new content causes a problem I do not know since I don't buy genesis content anymore

All my other addons work fine as well

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 4:03 PM

Every morph I previously installed works fine. No morphs that I recently installed work.

lmk 

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 4:15 PM

I'd check the readme for the file locations and make sure the morphs are where they are supposed to be.  Actually, I just looked it up;  They should be in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/SimonWM/Muscularity for Genesis 2 Male/

http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/20944/file_list

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 4:41 PM

Thanks WandW, that is exactly where they are, but I appreciate all help. Surely something will work.

I much prefer to play with Poser than to work on it. :(

lmk 

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2015 at 8:58 PM · edited Thu, 15 January 2015 at 8:59 PM

Question, have you tried exporting a figure from Daz Studio, and edit the CR2 -- the way JoePublic suggests?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2874212

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=4116475

This is what I do now (well, I use a Netherworks script to edit the CR2 automatically) for both characters and clothing. And, while it's a lot more steps to jump through -- and HD morphs are not as good -- and clothing does not automatically fit -- I think the end result is better, for the most part. (Plus, if it does work for you, you don't have a bunch of completely wasted content.)

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2015 at 7:20 AM

moriador:

Thanks for the links.

I have not tried this yet. Trying to read up on this process was challenging, and a definite deterrent.

I had to b3e at work until late last night, and get up early today. so I had no time to try anything. I have opened a ticket with Smith Micro. So, I will see if they have any useful comments of suggestions.

Thanks,

lmk 

lkendall ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2015 at 2:34 AM

Folks:

Eureka! Reinstalling did not work, but deleting my PP2014 directory and then installing Poser again did work. Now the new morphs are working. I will have to do without the SR 5.1 updates until DAZ3D and SmithMicro/Poser make their peace again.

Thanks everyone for your help.

lmk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.