Tue, Oct 22, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: Adding Credits in the Gallery?

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2015 at 4:33 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:10 AM

Am I doing something wrong or have we lost the ability to add credits for vendors since the changes.  In the past I always used to add a credit if the vendor's product was a significant part of the render I was uploading.  I did this for two reasons, the first was I don't want to take credit for something I did not create but secondly I thought it might help future purchasers to see it being used, a sort of extra promo picture.

I certainly used it this way and often looked at the gallery part of a product to see how others had used it before I purchased.  It often lead to a purchase where I was a little unsure of the item in question.  I often wondered if it helped the vendor see how their creation was being used.

Since the changes there is a credit box with -applejack- in it, which I guess the first name in the vendor list.  There is no drop down and typing a vendors name in there seems allowed but nothing happens.

I still add a credit for the vendor but there seems no way to link it to the product.  At first I thought it was a part of the change that was waiting to be implemented but it has been a while now and there has been no change.

Does anyone know if we have lost it completely, or just for a while or am I being very thick and not setting it up correctly after the changes? 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2015 at 6:30 AM · edited Thu, 29 January 2015 at 6:31 AM

For me the credit does have a pulldown. Once I pick a vendor, another appears populated with their products. So this is some Javascript programming that apparently isn't working with whatever browser you're using. I'm seeing the fields work fine in

• Google Chrome Version 40.0.2214.93 m
  • IE Version 10

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2015 at 7:37 AM

For me the credit does have a pulldown. Once I pick a vendor, another appears populated with their products. So this is some Javascript programming that apparently isn't working with whatever browser you're using. I'm seeing the fields work fine in

• Google Chrome Version 40.0.2214.93 m
  • IE Version 10

Just tried it and as you say it works in Google Chrome so thanks for that, stupid of me to not think of the browser.  It stopped working around the time of the changes so I put it down to that.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.