Tue, Oct 22, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: WIP - A photo-realistic texture for the P4 Male

gps ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 8:09 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:26 AM

file_216087.jpg

Standard P4 male with the default lights and the main camera set to 50mm. I don't know if anyone else still uses the dork for close-ups, but I'll be putting this in freestuff once it's done (hopefully by the weekend). I'm concentrating on the face and hands, the rest of the body will be fairly basic. I cheated a bit with the eyelashes, the bottom lashes are transmapped, but the top lashes are part of the texture, which works fine until you make him blink. Still, I think it's a better solution for close renders than transmapping the top lashes - no matter how I tried to do it, the results were pretty bad. BTW, I don't own Mike, hence this effort to make the dork passable in close-up :) gps

VirtualSite ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 8:28 PM

This is incredible. Many thanks in advance; I already know a use for it.

leather-guy ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 8:46 PM

Terrific Job! Many thanks, indeed!

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 9:08 PM

Excellent, can't wait!

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 9:21 PM

Nice texture. NICE TEXTURE! Larry F

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2001 at 9:53 PM

Excellent work, he looks great!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

thip ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 1:12 AM

VERY impressive. I do own Vicki and Mike, but I still use Posette and Dork regularly, as I think a lot of their limitations is in us users, and in their textures. People like you really push the envelope. Don't ever stop ;-)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 2:00 AM

A suggestion: use 100 mm lens for close-ups. Otherwise, the face gets distorted (too much nose). The color looks a little saturated, but this is a definate improvement... and a very different look for him. Thanks!

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 7:37 AM

I think he looks fantastic! Eagerly waiting here :) Irene

Bia ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 10:16 AM

Wow! I still use the dork...so I think it's great! :)

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 6:09 PM

file_216090.jpg

I usually use 120m for close ups and I still use Poser Dork. Personally, for me, I'd not have the worry lines on the forehead. Still excellent work and I look forward to it. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc. (Rendered at 125m. P4Dork with Trav's morphs. JohnOnTheRun texture map. Kozaburo's ponytail resized to fit the P4 Male.)

gps ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 12:18 AM

Thanks for the kind words everybody - nice to see the dork still has fans. BTW, good point about the focal length, I have to admit he looks a bit beaky at 50mm :) Graham

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.