Sun, Oct 6, 7:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce still rocks

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2015 at 7:01 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:40 PM

wingstest.jpg
Holy Carp, what do ya know, this Bryce thing still works?!?!   ;oD

Followed David Brinnen's Wings 3D video tut on how to make the mesh.
(Thanks David!)
Video here - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVg91P-8Qe4

Bryce 7.1, HDRI, etc.
Keep Brycing!

AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2015 at 7:27 PM · edited Thu, 05 February 2015 at 7:27 PM

For the creative lunatic it will NEVER STOP heh heh heh...good one...off to look at that tute

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2015 at 7:36 PM

Damn...now I gotta go dl Wings3D....sigh...thanks AS

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2015 at 8:00 PM

David talks and works wicked fast in the video. I did a lot of pausing then working, back and forth, lol. He created that mesh in literally less than 5 minutes. And, he has more than a few Wings 3D videos on how to create various other shapes on youtube. Cool stuff.

AS

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2015 at 11:45 PM

Beautiful.

And I am a Bryce addict, too.
Just love the program. :-)

Corrie 

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2015 at 6:45 PM

David talks and works wicked fast in the video. I did a lot of pausing then working, back and forth, lol. He created that mesh in literally less than 5 minutes. And, he has more than a few Wings 3D videos on how to create various other shapes on youtube. Cool stuff.

AS

He's possessed in my opinion, in a really good way. Wings3D seems to have a lot of speed modeling comps, I guess because it seems really fast once you grok the right clicks. Downloaded but not installed. In the middle of a music project at the moment.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2015 at 4:25 AM

"He's possessed in my opinion, in a really good way."

Lol, I agree!

AS

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2015 at 4:50 AM

As always, I gotta try on about a million other Bryce Mats on, just to see what they look like, here's a few.

wingstest_03.jpgGlass tubes over...dark metal? I used an LDRI here instead of an HDRI to make it render faster (and because I really only cared about the reflections)

wingstest_02.jpgSuper soft specularity with  smooth reflections. Part of that specularity is actually maxed out anistrophy and a blown out level of specularity level in the IBL Lab.

wingstest_04.jpgAgain, maxed the specularity level out in the IBL Lab (to 1,000) with soft, blue specularity in the DTE and maxed out anistrophy.
Makes for a strange, surreal metal.

Thanks Brycers!
AS

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2015 at 9:32 AM
Forum Moderator

Youknow? That looks amazing! But...............what the hell is it?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2015 at 12:45 PM · edited Sat, 07 February 2015 at 12:48 PM

I'm calling it a 'David' after it's original creator David Brinnen, heh heh heh...hope I spelled that correctly.

Awesome AS...you share characteristics with David, ie: creative obsession....that's a good thing for us here watching...thanks again. These are inspiring and I will have to install Wings3D today, already dl'd his video.

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2015 at 5:16 PM

"But...............what the hell is it?"

Lol, exactly, I think even David just called it a "funky" shape.

I chose it out of all his youtube/wings3d tutorials because I thought it might be the easiest for me to replicate (I haven't touched Wings 3D in years)

AS

heddheld ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2015 at 6:44 AM

well dunno about you ;-) but that's one of the 8 lobes in a terminator rofl  8x8 is ~~ bugger wheres me calculator lol

lets hope it aint the norty one  rofl

soz popped in here 'cos I heard Bryce updated ?? an cheap (sale?)

loved it in the day ;-) !! now use blenders cycles !! but for the sake of a lunch whats better about Bryce now  ??????????

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2015 at 6:41 PM

Was there an update to Bryce? I haven't seen anything about that yet that's not saying much, I haven't visited Daz3D in a long time.

AS

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2015 at 6:50 PM · edited Sun, 15 February 2015 at 6:51 PM

HOLY CRAP has Daz3D's website HIDDEN Bryce or what?!?!!
There is absolutely NO link to it ANYWHERE.
And, after having to manually search "bryce" it was like the 130th returned result.
Wow.

In all fairness though; ALL the other software they carry also has absolutely no noticeable direct links, except for Studio of course. Studio links are EVERYWHERE, like every single freaking page, lol. Which yes, I get that, I understand that but...WOW.

On the one up side, Bryce 7 Pro is only $20.

AS

wscottart ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2015 at 9:43 PM

Very cool, I imagine lots of other Bryce materials like the oily water would look just as awesome.

wscottart ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2015 at 9:49 PM · edited Fri, 27 February 2015 at 9:50 PM

I don't have Bryce easily acessible anymore, but I just imagined using David's tutorial on stacking terrains on something like this. Copy it and duplicate it and nudge it around with some differing textures. I bet it would give some suprisingly amazing abstract images. WIsh I had an extra computer here running Mac10.6.8 to play on. Any way cool stuff making me dream about playing in Bryce.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.