Tue, Oct 22, 1:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Awesome Utility!

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2015 at 11:04 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:10 PM

Everyone aware of a program  called 'Everything'? I'd say it's the most impressive free Windows utility I've seen & used in 35 years of using a computer. It substitutes for the Windows Explorer search. It sits down in your hidden notification area, uses no resources that I've noticed, and you search from it just like the Windows way. You know how frustrating it is when you know what folder somethings in; you navigate to that folder, search within it, and you watch that stupid green progress bar taking forever before, or even if it returns anything?

'Everything' will show results instantaneously; as fast as you can type. When I first saw that, I almost fell off my chair! The other difference between it & Windows, is that it builds an Index of your entire systems' drives, internal & external. I have (2) 2TB internals, and (3) 4TB externals, each drive half full, and it indexed millions of files in about 10 minutes total! Wicked useful.

http://www.voidtools.com/

Daffy34 ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2015 at 2:17 PM

I use it regularly and have for a long time ;).

Laurie

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2015 at 3:53 PM
Site Admin

Is there any way for it to show a preview of images it found? It does a little dinky icon but I can't find a way to make it bigger.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Daffy34 ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2015 at 6:03 PM · edited Sun, 08 February 2015 at 6:04 PM

No way that I know of, but  you can right-click on individual lines/items and do a preview.

Laurie

kljpmsd ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 7:59 AM

I too have used it for ages.  I manage a massive image database at work with TB 's of pictures and graphics.  'Everything' will find a picture amongst those many TB's as quick as I can click the mouse.  One of the programmers in the office says that the secret to it's success is that it catalogues by file name only and doesn't try to include each files data (the death of Window's Explorer). 

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 8:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up! On my way to look at it!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2015 at 12:28 PM · edited Mon, 09 February 2015 at 12:29 PM

Hah. It's cool. It took it about 15 seconds to index my entire HDD. Yes, it's file name only. In Windows 8, at least, you can set your indexing options to file name only, too. And if you've got any CPU at all, it won't take long (as you see), to index everything that way. I turned content indexing off on my machine. It had a bad habit of using CPU and disk right when I was in the middle of a render. :D

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

acrionx ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2015 at 1:11 AM

Thanks!  I've never heard of this.

www.acrionx.com | My Freebies | My Store | My Youtube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.