Wed, Sep 18, 1:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Looking for an ancient M3 character

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 12:51 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 6:16 PM

Hi. I've been gone a loooong time.

5-ish years ago I had a drive explode, that happened to be my main 3D work drive, this was right after a server crash where I lost my backups, freebies & store stuff I'd made, etc. about this same time, I got something resembling continually busy, and just stopped messing around with 3D stuff.

I have time again, and would sort of like to pick up where I left off; I still have a BUNCH of .pzz files of animations I'd set up for a animation that for some reason render Much Much faster than they did back in the last decade...

Anyway, I'm missing some character files; one of the main ones is "roddick" for m3 (or at least the one that always pops up as missing first when I try to open the archives, I THINK by dLarsen; I'm pretty sure it was a free character, but it was detailed enough to not be. a Vin Diesel clone.

Anyway, find it for me, and there shall be a small reward, and massive thanks.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 7:19 AM

I found a render of the Roddick character, but no sign of it on the net nor my drives.  If someone can come up with the site it was from, it might be on the WayBack Machine...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=922575&user_id=24435&member&np&calMini_year=2011&calMini_month=6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

icprncss2 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 11:48 AM

If you purchased the product here at Rendo, it would still be in your order history.  Same for DAZ.  Also do some checking for similar types for M4.  There was one for Apollo but most of those links aren't working. 

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 12:14 PM

I found a render of the Roddick character, but no sign of it on the net nor my drives.  If someone can come up with the site it was from, it might be on the WayBack Machine...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=922575&user_id=24435&member&np&calMini_year=2011&calMini_month=6

Yup, that's the figure. I remember it was a freebie on a couple of sites, 'otica and I think runtimeDNA. maybe with the full name of the creator I can make some progress. Thank You.

raven ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 12:24 PM

original roddick post 

This link should take to you to the original post about Roddick, but it seems it's no longer available, well it was 10 years ago :)

I have it and if you are able to get permission from d-larsen I could pass it on.

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2015 at 9:21 PM

original roddick post 

This link should take to you to the original post about Roddick, but it seems it's no longer available, well it was 10 years ago :)

I have it and if you are able to get permission from d-larsen I could pass it on.

I'm a little torn. the posting history here ended in early 2005, and the website where it was posted, according to the wayback machine, stopped operating as a 3D content type website in early 2005; google says the name had some action on runtimedna and another poser website in early 2005 also. so d-larsen dropped off the face of the earth, apparently. Does anyone know if Dale W. Larsen WANTS to be contacted? Anyone kept in touch? If not, I sort of hate to keep digging. But thanks?

RealDeal ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2015 at 1:13 AM

If anyone was going to go to any extreme measures to help me, stop; noting the dates involved, and actually using a brain cell, I found a complete runtime backup on DVD's I did in late 2008. thousands of freebies, well over a thousand in poser purchases , and all the stuff I had made up to then...yippie!

file_82161242827b703e6acf9c726942a1e4.jp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.