Thu, Sep 19, 6:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 'Tis for the GLORY #1!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2015 at 3:19 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:56 PM

Ok, I don't think any one of us come the Carrara forum wanting to yawn. But, that's kind of what the last couple of months have been. (You know, besides the occasional flame war)

So, let's get off of our digital backsides and do some cool stuff and start a new endeavor called: I-didn't-know-Carrara-could-do-that (IDKCCDT). If once a week is too hard for our collective schedules, we may down-shift to every-other week. But hey, let's dream big and do it weekly for now. 

In this first round, let's make tornados. Whatever kind you like: Billboard, shark, geometry – you make the call. We'll all learn new ways to utilize the Carrara tool-set and have some fun in the process. ••The tornados do not need to be animated•• 

The winner, whom Kixum and I will select, will get the incredible honor of selecting the next IDKCCDT subject plus a bunch of fake, internet points. 

Carrara can do so much, so well it's time to strut and learn, all at the same time. 

The winner will be announced this Saturday, March 13th. The winner will have their fake internet points added automatically to there fake internet points account. (some restrictions may apply)

(The download link for my version of the tornado is further down in the thread)

Kixum ( ) posted Mon, 09 March 2015 at 11:06 PM

Rock and roll!

-Kix

headwax. ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2015 at 1:00 AM

great idea :)  !!! count me in on the next one, I think real life just gave me a whole lot of crap for a few weeks...

EddyMI ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2015 at 2:13 AM

Thants a jolly good idea!

So now I'm searching my HDs and my GMDCD (Gray Matter Data Collecting Device [short: brain]) for some items that fit to your topic.

Live Long and Prosper

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2015 at 10:04 AM

Of course, Kix and I aren't eligible to win, but I need to play hooky from a deadline for a few minutes. Here is my start. I will be increasing the carnage factor over the course of this week. Right now, it almost looks happy. 

file_47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e.jp

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 10 March 2015 at 8:51 PM

A few tweaks at the end of the business day. I think I'll add in some environment before going further with tornado. 

file_85d8ce590ad8981ca2c8286f79f59954.jp

booksbydavid ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2015 at 8:45 PM

Hmmm. Right in the middle of uvmapping and texturing a project at the moment, but we'll see what happens. Tornados. Hmmmm.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2015 at 12:36 AM

I could do more but it's Friday night, I've had about 3 fingers of whiskey and suddenly, it's bedtime. A few Carrara trees with modified textures and a poor little stock Carrara cabin. That cabin is going to get destroyed. file_c8ffe9a587b126f152ed3d89a146b445.jp

headwax. ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2015 at 1:20 AM

wow that's a beauty! I'm expecting Judy Garland any moment! 

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2015 at 9:50 AM · edited Fri, 20 March 2015 at 4:59 PM

Moderator Edit: DUDU.car is the winner of "'Tis for the GLORY #1". Honor him. 

file_069059b7ef840f0c74a814ec9237b6ec.pn

Here a quick test that I had carried out two years ago for a sequence of my film in progress.I had tested the particles, but the result wasn't very convincing then… I gave up !

I suppose that your tornado is in vertexes and that you animate the texture ?

For shure, the yours is nicely done !file_a97da629b098b75c294dffdc3e463904.jp

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2015 at 12:53 PM · edited Sat, 14 March 2015 at 4:43 PM

I should have put in a Toto. 

@Dudu.car It's super easy, just a spline object that I duplicated and changed a little bit. The detailing is fast and easy with the textures. There are a bunch of little tricks for textures and render settings in the file. 

"Tornado" -  < Download link.

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2015 at 5:33 AM

Thank you, I will look at this !

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2015 at 2:19 PM

Ok, Dudu.car,

You win this week. What is our theme for the coming week?

Mark

DUDU.car ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2015 at 2:45 PM

He He, one needs a beginning with all…

If I have the choice ( and I thank you ), it will be on the topic of the sea / ocean…

Good luck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.