Sat, Sep 21, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: mapping materials

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 3:04 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:13 PM

I have a figure I've created and converted to an obj file. I want to import it to poser and set up materials. Can I set up materials that cross more than one group? (For example, a material that uses the lower part of the neck and the upper part of the chest.) I can't seem to select polygons that aren't in the same group at the same time. Can anyone point me to a tutorial that covers setting up materials like on the zygote characters (skin body, skin head, lips, etc.), or if I'm missing something basic, talk me through it? I'd really appreciate it, 'cause looking at the manual just makes my pin-head hurt! Thanks!

shadowcat ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 5:50 PM

yes you can set the materials across groups, but you can't do it all at once, set the materials on one group move on to the next group then assign the material using the same name (make sure you spell it exactlly the same and that the capitalization is the same)

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2001 at 5:52 PM

Thank you! I figured it was something simple I was just missing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.