Wed, Oct 2, 9:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Is there a way to import DS morphs into Poser 10

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 6:25 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 7:19 PM

Shalom;

After a long hiatus from Poser, I bought Poser 10 just two days ago.  I also discovered a new figure, Dawn.  I found in Freestuff some extra head & body morphs for her, but only Daz Studio compatible.  Is there ANY way that these can be used in Poser 10?

Yours truly,

David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 7:26 AM

Shalom dphoadley. Nice to see you again :)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 8:36 AM

David; what will Posette think!  :o

The most straightforward way would be to load Dawn and the Morph into DAZ Studio, zero the figure, dial in the morph, export an.obj and load that into Dawn as a morph target in Poser.  This should work as long as there is no scaling involved.

It might be possible to load Dawn and morph in Poser using the DAZ DSON Importer and D3d's free DSON Loader script and then export/load the .obj as above...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

pikesPit ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 1:38 PM

Theoretically, if everything else fails (e.g. because there's a problem with scaling, or you don't have Studio installed at all, and also don't want to!), you should be able to convert a morph injection manually, by creating a Poser-compatible pz2.

First you'ld have to unzip the .dsf file to get the ASCII text.
From that file, delete all the DAZ blurb except the "deltas" block:

[ 15, 0.02561665, -0.07484436, 0.02943885 ],
...etc...

Now replace ALL "[" with a "d", delete all commas, and also delete all "]"
Now it should look like this:
d 15 0.02561665 -0.07484436 0.02943885
...etc...

Enclose this by a morph injection code, like this:
{
version
{
number 4.01
}
actor head:1
{
channels
{
targetGeom newMorph
{
name My New Morph Channel
enabled 1
forceLimits 1
min 0
max 1
trackingScale 0.02
keys
{
static 0
k 0 1
}
interpStyleLocked 0
indexes ***
numbDeltas ***
deltas
{
# here goes the "deltas" block
}
blendType 0
}
}
}
}
/>

Now you only have to fill in the right amount of "indexes" and "numbDeltas" as marked by a placeholder *** in above code.
You can find them here in the .dsf file:

"vertex_count" : 39096,<br></br>
"deltas" : {<br></br>
"count" : 13748,<br></br>

/>

At least I could imagine that this is a way that could work.
I can't check it currently because of lack of time. But maybe it's a starting point, just in case...

Peter

pikesPit ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 1:44 PM

Sorry for the lacking indents in the code of previous post, but I just couldn't get them to work for me.
Fortunately Poser gives a damn about indenting or lack of it (unlike Python <--grrrr)
-P-

pikesPit ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 1:51 PM

Oups!

I forgot to mention that you'll have to create the morph channel in Dawn before using the injection:
Use "Spawn Morph Target" from the Menu and name it exactly like your morph injection specifies in the "targetGeom" line - that would be "newMorph" in my previous example.
THEN inject the morph.
-P-

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 4:16 PM

Just a quick question ... if it's an issue ... Since there are 2 distinct versions of Dawn, one for DS and one for Poser, will that cause a problem?  Just covering all the bases for you, David. :)

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

pikesPit ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2015 at 5:44 PM · edited Wed, 13 May 2015 at 5:49 PM

Boni, good point you made here:
As far as I know the meshes are the same for both versions. It's only the scripting for the implementation of the morphs etc. which differs (and the rigging, of course, but that doesn't affect morphs unless they are JCM fix morphs... but that wasn't the question anyway).
So when reduced to the raw morph data, it still should be the same for both versions.

Peter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.