Sun, Oct 6, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: M4/V4 in Face Room

Death_Z ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 6:29 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 10:27 PM

Is there a way to get M4/V4 to work in Face Room? 

Death_Z ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 6:30 AM

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 7:25 AM
Forum Coordinator

No, the face room is specific for Poser and needs specific files for the figure, and I understand they are a bit of a pain to produce.

M4/V4 are DAZ products and the respective files are not available for any DAZ figure.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 10:09 AM

The only thing that DAZ has supported post Poser 4 is the ability to read Poser file formats.  They have always refused to support any feature from Poser 5 or later.

heddheld ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 1:25 PM

there is/was a proggy to make face morphs ...........but I forgot what its called  doh...........sorry

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 3:51 PM

There was FaceShop Pro but I have to admit I never really had that much success with it in any version and I tried a few.  Then there is FaceGen but it is on the expensive side.  I think you can also use Blacksmith3D, perhaps someone can confirm that.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 4:15 PM

Slingshot the object file into Blender and you have a Full Body Room.
And use projected pâinting to get a new texture. 

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Morkonan ( ) posted Sat, 04 July 2015 at 6:56 PM

Is there a way to get M4/V4 to work in Face Room? 

Not natively, no. The Poser Face Room uses, IIRC, a Facegen algorithm. (So do games, like some of the latter Elder Scrolls series.) Facegen is available, but it's pricey and you must also buy the companion package, which is still more cash, in order to produce faces on custom meshes.

As I understand it, the issue is that Smith Micro can't/won't give creators access to the reference files needed in order to be able to import new mesh coordinates. There are refs for all the standard Poser figures, but in order to use the faceroom with 3rd party figures, they would each have to have their own reference file so the faceroom would know how and which vertices to move and how to map the new texture.

For good quality reproductions, the Facegen developer pack is probably the best targetted solution available. (The dev pack is needed because the mesh (V4/S3/etc) would be "custom.") It is interesting to note, however, that DAZ has successfully gotten Facegen to support G1/G2 figures, natively, saving their users a significant amount of cash, since the Dev pack costs $1000....  I would also say that, with a bit of finagling, it wouldn't be difficult with a devpack version to get Facegen to reproduce whole-body or even radically custom morphs of different objects. IIRC, there used to be instructions on how to do that on the Facegen sight.

If Blender can do this with good accuracy, providing good ref photos were available, I'd love to see examples of that.

I've purchased several versions of Faceshop, in the hope of seeing progress made with that program. Regardless of how good the ref photos are, its results are... just not useable.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:09 AM

Poser Tool Box Face Putty.

Works on any figure.

http://www.philc.net/PTB_page2.php#facePutty

facePutty.gif

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:25 AM · edited Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:26 AM

Another way to play with faces: Load your morphs into the head (Morphs++ or any other head morphs you  want to use). The usen the Poser morphing tool on the head. Have it on the Combine tab, not the create tab. Simply pull and push the face into the shape you want. You can turn the active morphs on and off as needed. This is an extremely powerful feature but many people seem unaware of it. The effect is similar to what you get in the face room, but you can use any morphs you own to achieve the face you want. Much faster and more efficient that dialling in the morphs.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:32 AM

In Blender, you need to be careful to import the head retaining the vertex order, and then again to retain the vertex order when you export. Very important.

In Blender you can use proportional editing or sculpting to shape the face. This requires more skill but gives you huge versatility and works very well indeed. You need to do some practicing with the sculpting. DO NOT use dynamic topology or add or delete any vertices. Just work with the vertices you have. A graphics table with stylus is helpful but not essential.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2015 at 3:46 AM
Forum Coordinator

And of course there is the Poser Morp Brush. if you have a Wacom Intuos that surely is an option. The pen reacts sensitive to pressure and that is a world of difference with the on-off behaviour you get with  a mouse. I did try to cheapskate with a Bamboo but no avail.

Go gently, have patience. Use cumulative strokes and low magnitude. This will bring you will a long way. Think of how long it would take to sculpt the face real-life in clay or wax. There is no reason to expect it will be any more quick in 3D. Relative to real life sculpting you have 'healing' (undo) and symmetry but no sensitory feedback from your hands and you see the result with only one eye. You therefore have to change views often to look at your model from different sides.

There is no 'make beautiful face' button. No matter which tool you use the result will depend on your artistic skills.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 5:31 AM

If you have the Poser Toolbox (which has lots of other great functions), you could change the general shape with the Face Putty, and then refine with the morph brush as FVerbaas describes. If you are working with a mouse instead of the Intuos tablet, heep the magniture very low and work carefully.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.