Thu, Sep 19, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Blank Library Window

shezdorsai ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 6:32 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:26 PM

I just installed Poser 9 on a new build computer running Windows 7 Pro.  After I started Poser I was looking over the various windows and checked out the guides.  But when I went to looking for figures, etc. I found that the Library window is completely blank.  Neither CTRL+Shift+B or window>libraries did anything.  I've restarted several times but no joy.  Do I have a bad install or is this something worse?  Thanks for any help!

donnena ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 6:39 PM

Did you install the content? 

;>

Andy!

shezdorsai ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 6:43 PM

Uh, oh.  Is that done separately from the Poser 9 install?  I must have missed something.  There's no option on the CD menu to install content.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 7:06 PM
Online Now!

There is a separate install for content and there are several different files to select the type of content you want.

shezdorsai ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 7:15 PM

Now its a big uh,oh.  I just checked the install and there's no content at all.  During the install it gave options for the location of the content and I went with what was "recommended".  The Poser 9 disk has a folder with "installers" in it but when I start an installer it tells me Poser isn't installed on my system.  I'm starting to get the feeling I was ripped off on this copy of Poser.

shezdorsai ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 7:19 PM

I'm uninstalling and reinstalling my Poser 9.  I'll try it with a different content location.  Unfortunately, this isn't looking good for me.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 10:08 PM
Online Now!

When installing Poser 9 on Win 7, the recommended location for establishing the content will be under a share folder. If you inadvertently selected Program Files, then UAC will interfere with content installation and usage.  Assuming that you installed Poser correctly, then your content files will automatically find the appropriate runtime for unloading.

shezdorsai ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2015 at 11:03 PM

Thanks!  I have UAC disabled but I suppose it could be Windows doing its own thing again.  I'll try a new install again using the share folder.  I think that's how it installed the first time but I'm not sure.

KittysKat ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 10:52 AM

I had the same problem with Poser 9 when I installed it as for the library being completely blank.  I had to get the update for Poser 9.  I installed the update, restarted the computer and all was good.  I also had a problem with a disk that I got from Amazon and they will take it back and send you a new one, or refund your money.  Kitty

shezdorsai ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 1:45 PM

Thanks, Kitty.  I just finished downloading the Poser 9 updates from the Smith Micro web site and and the Libraries are visible now.  Some kind of bug in Poser 9, I guess.  Unfortunately, I have to maually install any content that didn't come with Poser 9.  I think I liked Poser 4 better.  I didn't have to do all the content manually.  Anyway, thanks again.

KittysKat ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 1:51 PM

You are very welcome, I only knew about it because when I had the problem I got in touch with Smith Micro.  I have OCD when it comes to be organized, so I enjoy installing the content manually.  LOL!  Kitty

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2015 at 8:03 AM
Online Now!

You can use the Poser's native installer to automate the process, however, you will need to manually select the destination of your content file and you need to inspect the content file for proper packaging prior to install.  Many freebie content are not correctly set up for decompressing into runtime folders directly and will cause grief when you begin looking for Library content which are installed but not visible anywhere.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 3:32 PM

9 has some nice features. Once you use it more you'll be happy. You can also run external runtimes (though it requires adding them to poser which is easy). The poser manual (I miss the paper one) is huge. It's under help and is a giant pdf.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2015 at 3:34 PM

Oh side note, a great free pdf reader is Sumatra PDF. It's excellent. I've been using it for years, and highly recommend it.

http://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/free-pdf-reader.html

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.