Sun, Oct 6, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Trying to get new Antonia Free site running:

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 4:48 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:23 AM

Hi,

I've been working trying to get Toni's new site up and running.

My big problem is that it was kept going with the knowledge of DigitalLion who wrote the files for it but may not be feeling up to it now.

Most is php and I am not doing good on changing it to work on the new site.

Some pages work but links to the free items do not and I have no idea how to correct it yet.

I'm told I may need to install the MSQLadmin  program to get it right but have no idea how that works either.

If it was all html it would be up and running now.

If anyone who added freebies to the old sight (I have all the files) would like to help and you have knowledge of php, please sight mail me.

Once up and working I will add my Helene character there, at present she is on sharecg.

file_0336dcbab05b9d5ad24f4333c7658a0e.pn

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 5:20 PM · edited Wed, 17 June 2015 at 5:26 PM

I know some php and have my own local WAMP server.

I can have a look and give you an opinion.

get an error > Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'dbo580297259 '@'74.208.16.179' (using password: YES)

on thiss page> http://sahanisworld.com/AntoniaFreeSite/Antonia/freestuff.php

you would need to check why MYSQL is using that username and check the password coded is correct.

You would need to look at the php for that page.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 5:42 PM

Thanks.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 6:03 PM

Depending on your web host you might have PHPAdmin or one of the Consoles available.  Either should let you check Mysql and the rest.  

I have sent a sitemail.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 6:20 PM

Yes, my site has PHPAdmin and MyMSQL.

I don't understand any of it...lol.

Trying to learn though.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 8:50 PM

This is what my phpadmin screen looks like.

Note the MYSQL database and USER table.

The pssword is encrypted.

Yours should have at lease ROOT and the user for your website.

file_84d9ee44e457ddef7f2c4f25dc8fa865.jp

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 9:56 PM

I am out Thursday and maybe friday.

Let me know how you are doing with this.

Does your web host have any FREE technical assistance ?    I got some help when I ran my web site for very basic things.

Good luck.

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 20 June 2015 at 2:23 PM

How are you going with this. ?

flibbits ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2015 at 5:01 PM

"I know some php and have my own local WAMP server."

Is that where Batman hosts the web site for his fight moves?

Biff, Bam, WAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2015 at 6:09 PM

WAMP - windows/apache web server/mysql/php   - when I get some spare time it will be on a Unix box. That will make it a LAMP server. ;-)

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 5:32 PM · edited Thu, 23 July 2015 at 5:32 PM

Just discovered Antonia morph package. trying to figure out how a free character that seems to have been around since 2008 produces better renders than the latest and greatest retail characters.

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 24 July 2015 at 10:48 AM

a free character can be held until the creator is happy with it all, a commercial site like Daz just needs good enough to be promoted as better than the last one.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 6:38 PM

Sorry I haven't been updating this thread, having health issues. I still haven't figured it out. My php admin site does not look like yours because I have no idea what I'm doing...lol. I am ready to start over and do it all in html...sigh.

I want to promote Antonia with a new retail package but until I get this up and running it may not go well.

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 11:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I also have nothing useful to say about any web thingamajigs.. I am a huge fan of Antonia though so thank you for continuing to support!! I keep hoping somebody will make use of Posers subdivision and HD morphs in the latest version to do some cool morph packs for her. I have Afrodite-Ohki's advanced morphs but it would be cool to see how detailed they could have been done using the new features!

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 6:38 AM

Sent a message over at Prenderosity Poser, we can get you some more help. 😄 I love your work and have been following your facebook page as well.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 2:00 PM

I found a tutorial that has this... (

<?php // Make a MySQL Connection mysql_connect("localhost", "admin", "1admin") or die(mysql_error()); mysql_select_db("test") or die(mysql_error());

// Create a MySQL table in the selected database mysql_query("CREATE TABLE example( id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, PRIMARY KEY(id), name VARCHAR(30), age INT)") or die(mysql_error());

echo "Table Created!";

?> ) But still trying to figure out the proper place to put it and name it...sigh.

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 5:29 PM

on most websites you have something like phpmyadmin or cconsole which gives you an app to do any database work. Normally you dont need the location since that is part of the sql configuration. you can create a php page to execute the sql commands to create the database, most packages will do that for you. If you are writing your own though you have to do it yourself.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 7:43 PM

markschum, I do have a phpmyadmin and there is a database in it but nothing else and I get a message that I need to create a table. All is new to me because I mostly do html. The original was set up by DigitalLion and SaintFox , Leo used php and it was all beautiful. But when I had to give it up I just downloaded all until I could do a new site again, unfortunately I still have no understanding of php. I know the site needs some kind of configuration file to make it find the database correctly but all is over my head.

Boni, what is Prenderosity Poser?

bevans84 ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 1:21 AM · edited Sat, 05 December 2015 at 1:30 AM

If you are interested, I keep a bare metal server leased with Softlayer at one of their Dallas datacenters for my go kart racing site, which is currently handling around 12,000 unique visitors per day and around 100,000 page views per day.

I've been running bare metal servers for my site since 1998, currently running 2008 R2 and IIS on a 64bit Xeon with a 20,000 GByte (20 TerraBytes) monthly data allowance. So data transfer would be no problem whatsoever.

While, I'm not a php programmer, I'm quite adept at php and server configuration and would be more than happy to try to get it set up and running. Or: Maybe you might prefer a WordPress content management system that you can set up yourself.

My reason for offering this is that I've always felt Antonia is one of the underrated figures in all of Poser and would like to help.

So, BluEcho- sitemail me with details of what you have if you're interested. I believe we could get this going pretty quickly.

PS- All free and clear. I don't require or want compensation.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 1:59 AM · edited Sat, 05 December 2015 at 2:02 AM

@bevans: I sent you a site mail. Getting ready to rest for the night. I'll check in tomorrow.

bevans84 ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 2:57 AM

Answered.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2016 at 10:33 PM

I have not forgotten this project, just had some illness and now trying to recover. Spent three days in the hospital where I was prodded, poked, needles and IVs along with oodles of tests. Turns out it was a bad spell with copd. But I am soooo very tired and weak now.

When I am better I will see if I can get this going.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2016 at 11:24 PM

Finally got one page of links ready for anyone who wants to download just the base sets.

I will try to get to her other goodies as I can, it takes a bit of time to do the html pages for downloads.

Here is the link for the firs page.

Antonis's Free Items

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 12:41 AM

Thank you very much for your time and effort on this. It is really appreciated.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 3:12 PM

I've added a new page of links, you can find it by clicking the update link on http://sahanisworld.com/AntoniasFreeItems.htm

Still more to go so just keep an eye on http://sahanisworld.com/AntoniasFreeItems.htm for more links as I do them, :)

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 11:15 PM

Yes, thank you! Thank you thank you thank you! :woot:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 12:28 PM · edited Mon, 15 February 2016 at 12:28 PM

The pages may be a bit unstable right now. Last night I had to do more editing because when I went to the page onlie all I got was a black screen....lol. I think it is working now but the last two pages are not working righ, think I did some wrong coding there. They just show up all black online but in my HTML editor they look good. And I am not an expert in html, certainly not on php for sure. If you find any errors, shoot me a site mail and let me know, please.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 12:58 PM

Nothing was showing for me last night, but now the first two pages come up. The third one is blank, which I guess means it isn't up yet.

Looking good, though. I'm excited about having Antonia's files available to users again. :D

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 10:17 PM · edited Wed, 17 February 2016 at 10:19 PM

The pages had errors and when they did show the text kept getting bigger and bigger. So I have re-edited them and when I test and they work right I will give the permanent link. Just hang in there, there are three pages of links for her goodies...Wow!

Oh yes, the is one file I am removing because it will not open. It is Darkseal's_Antonia_PLUS, the file may be corrupted so that will not be listed in the links.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 4:21 AM
Site Admin

Actually with the new TOS you may not be able to give the link to the freebies. :( https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2899703 You may want to start a new thread at RDNA in the Community Showcase forum where it specifically states: "A place to post offsite free stuff links and images."

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 6:46 AM

A corrupted zip may be fixable with Zip's command-line tools.

As far as the TOS goes, it is very unclear and contradictory on the subject of freebies; I've posted freebie links with impunity, but they were not to DAZ or RDNA...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 8:13 PM

Oh my! So sorry, will not post here for this free site again.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 8:18 PM

Under the new TOS it is not allowed and soon these links will be locked down or deleted.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2016 at 1:53 PM

Does that mean you aren't bringing the Antonia site back?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2016 at 4:10 PM · edited Sat, 20 February 2016 at 4:11 PM

For now it will be just downloads for her things. But under the TOS I can't post a link to that set of pages. Anyone interested in getting to the site can contact Cage and he has the link.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2016 at 4:45 PM

I will gladly be the Keeper of the Link. Always happy to help advance the Antonia cause.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2016 at 4:39 AM

I can add the link to my links page if you'd like. I know quite a few people go there to look for stuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.