Thu, Oct 10, 12:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Opinions on a render

Fracture ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 8:15 AM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 12:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.gamingafterlife.com/poser/Sci_Too.jpg

I got the different parts of this character from various places (here and Daz) and this is the basic render of the character I'm working on, what could I do to improve upon it? Right now it looks sort of bland.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 10:46 AM

If I may, lighting. As your image now stands, the background terrain is almost equal in visual strength to the figure: a few isolated spotlights fixed on the character and softening the universal lights on the image overall will dramatically increase the sense of mystery. Is your sky an imported image? If so, may I recommend heightening the contrast in it before you import? Push your blacks to as full a black as possible, and heighten the saturation of your midtones. At the risk of sounding forward, I think you'll find the difference remarkable.

Fracture ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 10:54 AM

Thanks, I'm still new to this system and I like what it can do I still need to figure out how to get things like lighting to work the way that would be best for the image. I currently ten to just get it lit so I can see the whole thing and then I stop fiddling with the lighting.

mithrandir2K ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 11:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.awakemm.com/poserarcana/tutorials/lighting.html

You may want to check out Syyd Raven's and Craig Burtons tuts at Poser Arcana. They are wonderful lighting tutorials. Good luck! PS. Love the pic, be sure to let us know how you make out with the lighting effects. Regards, mithrandir2K

Fracture ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 11:02 AM

Thanks, I will. I'll probably do a re-do of it once I get some more skills under the old belt.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.