Mon, Sep 9, 5:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: poser pro pack import map troubles

fatass ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2001 at 10:02 PM ยท edited Tue, 16 July 2024 at 6:54 AM

howdy, i use vue 4 and i use poser pro pack. i have the latest updates for both vue is supposed to let poser models be imported in their native format with textures intact into vue4. however, when i import them i get a message like "not supported or not understood bmp map should we stop the import or just disregard this map? yes, yes to all or cancel" yes to all comes up because yes alone shows up about 5 times. the models imports but not as detailed as when it was rendered in poser pro pack. i've contacted daz 3d people and their answer was we didn't write the plug-in and don't support it so tough. i've also written curious labs and vue 4 too but they have not replyed. i think that if i had poser 4 alone it would work fine but i think that poser pro pack is so new that plug-in support for it has not been done yet. anyone have the same problem and did they find any work around or do you know about any patches or rouge plug-in for this issue. i'm running win 2k pro on a dual 1gig athlon machine w/1gig ddr ecc ram, u160 10k scsi---smoke'n!

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 6:24 AM

Uh, I think you're probably right about the PPP being too new for Vue, but if you can still import your models, you can also re-texture them manually in Vue, though you probably have to set the Y scale to -1.000 for each texture. Otherwise, definitely try again to write to E-on support. They will answer, sometimes right away, sometimes not, but they will... Your system sounds amazing!

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 1:08 PM

I don't have Pro Pack, but I seem to recall something about the PPP making a change on bump maps from BUM to JPG, but the model information still looks for a BUM file for the bump. Anyone else remember the details about this?

martial ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 7:08 PM

I have Propack and Vue4 with the last update of both and i have no problem to import pz3 file with textures ,even with last Daz models.So check installation or something else.Good lucks

MeInOhio ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2001 at 7:31 PM

I have ProPack and Vue4 with Vue Patch 4.01 installed. Without this patch, some of the transparencies don't apply right. But with the patch they come in fine. I have gotten errors about the bmp files sometimes, but not always. I just say ignore them and the models look pretty good without them. If you don't have the 4.01 patch installed, that could be your problem. Kevin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.