Fri, Sep 20, 12:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Announcement: Dixie says goodbye to renderosity because of new gallery.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:48 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Because of the new gallery style and the new image formats Dixie says goodbye to Renderosity for some time or maybe for ever.

For everyone who likes my gallery and renders and for everyone who likes or loves Dixie, you can thank Renderosity for that.

Was a nice time here but it seems Renderosity don`t want us anymore.

In the name of Dixie: GOODBYE

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:11 AM

You can see new images at the DAZ Forum - Art - "samples of my renders by cosmo" unfortunatelly DAZ allows just family-friendly images so but as written, new family-friendly adventures of Dixie will be uploaded there.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:57 AM

Who the hell had the stubid idea to all of this? Fire him, her, it.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:18 AM

dx - protest.jpg

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:45 AM

I have a simple question. For what should we buy high quality figures, clothes, hair and other stuff at your store Renderosity? For small smart phone and tablet suitable images/renders? If I have to reduce the size of my renders just making them suitable for your gallery I do not need HQ or HD renders and no HQ or HD stuff from your store. Your gallery restrictions are a huge step backwards and torpedoed the advancement of 3D technology in general.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:46 AM

The forum seems to be good, not everything is bad, but your new gallery is

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:20 AM

Rendo shot itself in the a$$, this was the most asinine thing they could have done. Drive all true Digital Artists away for what, Likes on Facebook.......It's pretty obvious Rendo doesn't give a damn about your Art only your Money.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:39 PM ยท edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:41 PM

@4220265

So it seems. I personally give a sh#t on facebook, I am not at facebook or twitter, these are useless sites. If I will spend much more money here I do not know right now. There are just one or two things I already want to buy but more? I think not. Have enough clothes for Dixie and my M4 characters and the next generation genesis figures I do not use because I do not like them and I do not need them. So I do not need the new generation outfits and stuff.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:41 PM

cosmo71 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 4:22 PM

My new gallery at DAZ:

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/10548/

there is a "cosmo71 main gallery" with new renders and also a child gallery with older ones (unfortunatelly not all older ones because I have too much of them).

All new renders will be uploaded at "cosmo71 main gallery" so far. If you find my gallery there on another way and want to see the new renders just click on the underlined "cosmo71 main gallery" right on top.

have fun and let me know if you want me to upload more and which older ones.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:52 PM
Online Now!

Wow. It's been awhile since I've looked at Daz's galleries. Apparently Renderosity still uses their web designer. It's almost the exact preview layout. Copying the design page layout format seems really, really, lazy.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 7:52 AM

@4220735

but you can upload really huge images at DAZ and not just this postcard format like here at renderosity.

cosmo71 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 7:52 AM

cosmo71 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 7:54 AM

and the gallery page looks much more organized.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 1:14 PM
Online Now!

So gallery posting here was increased (number of posts per day) and sold as a Prime perk, then crippled by the changes? Wow.... :(

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 5:09 PM

This hurts vendors the most (customers can just move elsewhere to showcase their art, such as Daz, ShareCG, or Deviantart)

1. Vendors sometimes post additional promo images in the gallery.
  2. Vendors use the gallery as advertising, esp. for WIPs.
  3. When a customer posts a render that uses one of their products, it's basically like no-effort advertising.

512x512 is a ridiculous limit. Most gallery sites have a reasonable image size + file size limit-- usually 1500x1500 at the very least.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 8:43 PM
Online Now!

Didn't know that was the size limit, haven't even attempted to post due to the reported issues. Thanks IceEmpress. That is foolishly small.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:31 PM ยท edited Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:32 PM

Actually I stand corrected, I got mixed up over something. It's bigger than that-- 1200 X 1500 pixels. As in 1500 high, 1200 wide. Yeah, you heard me. Taller than wider.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 12:44 AM

Actually I stand corrected, I got mixed up over something. It's bigger than that-- 1200 X 1500 pixels. As in 1500 high, 1200 wide. Yeah, you heard me. Taller than wider.

For tablets and phones. Last straw....

Laurie

DocMikeB ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 7:09 AM

I totally agree with Dixie... and I am saying goodbye as well because this time they crossed the red line.
Everything now looks like a cheap Flickr knock off... a tiled horror... nonfunctional and terrible to use / browse for PC users.
But the designers made a big mistake and forgot that the creators of 2d and 3d images use desktop PCs to make art, not tablets and smartphones.
For the moment I will keep my freebies here, but in the future maybe I will move to some other site.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 8:29 AM
Online Now!

If they were going to copy gallery type websites, I would have considered Pintrest. It displays a lot of images in preview.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 8:43 PM

But the designers made a big mistake and forgot that the creators of 2d and 3d images use desktop PCs to make art, not tablets and smartphones.

Actually, some also use laptops.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.