Thu, Sep 5, 8:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 05 5:25 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Loss Of A Community Member

hopeandlove ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2015 at 5:11 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 12:31 AM

Hi everyone--

It's come to my unfortunate attention that one of our members Peedy passed away 2 weeks ago.

I'll be writing-up a memorial for her. If you'd like to say something about our dear friend, please leave a memory or anything you'd like to say about her below.

Thank you,

-Hope

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

crunch01 ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 5:03 AM · edited Sun, 12 July 2015 at 5:05 AM

R.I.P Corrie dear.. "Peedy" Corrie van der Drift
 she I will missed a lot... I knew her many years.. I originally met her at Rendo. She was one of my earliest friends here. Loved her art.... she was at my page every post always with a positive or funny comment.. and I saw her a lot on most of my friends posts..
 When many of us also integrated Face Book into our online presence so did Corrie.. She was agreat supportive friend to myself and many others of my friends.. a constant presence on all my posts and theirs with her humor and support..
 one of my budetts that was always supportive and "there" through a lot..
 I will miss her dearly.. :(

I can't is the seed that never grows !

crunch01 ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 5:45 AM

Miss you Girl! And that great Big sense of humor and smile!

file_a2557a7b2e94197ff767970b67041697.jp

I can't is the seed that never grows !

xansplace ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 7:31 AM

Dear Corrie, we became friends on facebook having mutual friends in the 3D "scene".

And you became a very dear friend, always commenting on everybody's art, and personal posts. Also in pm we spoke, you were a special lady to many of us and to me.

May you rest in peace dear Corrie, i will miss you...♡

Love, Xan

Tripper ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 9:50 AM

R.I.P my dear friend Corrie or Peedy as she was also known.

I never met this wonderful lady in person but have known her for some years through a love of art and then on facebook.

Her intelligence..wit and charm always shone through and She was (is) a truly wonderful person to have as a friend.

Always one of the first to comment on peoples work with positive comments and who i think under estimated her own talent.

A truly beautiful person who will be greatly missed but never ever forgotten

Graham Southwell aka tripper

Gattanera ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2015 at 6:20 PM

Corrie (Peedy) was my first friend here on Renderosity and then I was very happy to find her and have her friendship on Facebook . And there she was the first friend with whom to exchange a greeting in the early morning, every day.

There was not a day without her and I we exchanged jokes, comments and sometimes also funny PM. 

We thought the same way about all things. We both loved dogs and other pets... I can claim to have seen her as a distant sister. I'll miss her immensely... 

Rest in peace, my dear Friend. I'll bring forever your beautiful smile inside me.

Anna

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 11:22 AM

Thanks, everyone!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

tsarist ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2015 at 5:30 PM

Sorry to hear this news.

I hope her friends and family feel better soon.

SilverDolphin ( ) posted Fri, 24 July 2015 at 12:28 AM

My condolences, I did not know her but I recently lost a family member who I was very close to so I sympathize with her friends and family in this difficult time.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:20 PM · edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 10:20 PM

I too did not know her. Seems in the last few years we have lost friends who enjoyed computer graphics. There was a time when CG was for the young and new. Now I am impressed with folks who in retirement years do CG! Thank you everyone for the art, and thanks to Peedy for joining this great community. My best wishes to family and friends.

rocserum ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 7:14 AM

Corrie was a nice and kind person and always alert to newly inserted images. Humorous and amiable in her comments. Miss you Corrie, glad you were there.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.