Sun, Oct 6, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: totally lost

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 2:42 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:35 PM

Hi All,
I am totally lost in how to use renderosity .... I cann't upload, I do not recieve mails telling me that a friend did an upload....
It feels as if I have lost all my friends in one day... but...... it is almost a week now, and it seems nothing chnages to better as far as I can see

help !!!!
juliette

if you don't get a miracle...you can be one (Nick Vojicik)
als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

alanwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 3:00 AM

i have to agree with Juliette, my computer refuses so link me to renderosity, what is going on i ask

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 4:09 AM

It has been an extremely badly planned 'upgrade' of this site but very slowly the issues are being partly resolved They didn't see the need to warn of it coming or explain how to work it when it changed. However I am slowly getting to grips with it. Juliette. contact Mies and she will explain in your first language, I'm sure.
See the 9 pages of discussion, complaints and replies here https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2892829&page_number=9.
Alan you managed to post here, so go to the top right of the page and try clicking on the first three buttons.

jayfar ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2015 at 6:07 AM

Hi Juliette, I am the same as you - I do not like it one bit but yours is the first e-bot I have received in a week so maybe things are starting to look better !!!
I wouldn't bet on it !!

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 12:20 AM

Hang in, everybody! Slowly, slowly, things are becoming more usable. There are a few things we have lost and won't be getting back, but provisions have been made otherwise. I'm not crazy about what they're doing, but hopefully I can shed a little light.

Do not expect to see e-bots in your email in box. If you look at the top of the RR page, you will see a black bar with several icons on the right-hand side. You should see your avatar, very very small. If you click that, you will be able to access different portions of your account.

The next box, which looks like a newspaper, I guess, is what's called an "Activity Feed." This is where you will find your favorite artist's posts. Of course you'll find a bunch of stuff you don't care about, because they've combined your old favorite artist list with your old friends list, so you might have to do some cleanup in order to see only what you want to see.

The bell is for "notifications." This is where you'll find your "e-bots" about people commenting on your images.

The next one, which looks like an in box, is your site mail.

The next three are only interesting if you're buying from the marketplace or want to advertise or something.

I hope this helps! I'm not on the RR staff in any way, but I've been participating in the Forum all week, working on getting things changed, so I'm happy to help out with explaining some of the more simple things. There are so many pieces to this ... so please don't ask me "Please explain what's going on," because I can't do that! LOL!

Don't go away just yet, though. There's hope that RR will become usable again! If it doesn't ... well ... I'll join you in finding a new home. :(

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

jayfar ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 12:59 AM

Well done Tara, at least you have tried to explain things but where are all these clever boffins who have thought up all these 'unclever' things - they are the ones who should have to explain everything !!!

I am keeping an eye in so 'watch this space'.

X-PaX ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 11:57 AM

Thank you very much for the explanation Tara.
But I agree with Jeff. IMHO you have made some work that others should have made.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 6:59 PM

Glad to help!

If you look in the Forum in the Community Center section, you will find more information than you know what to do with! The office staff at RR are doing what they can to keep us updated and moving along. It's a lot of information to sift through, but they really are working at making this easier for us.

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

aksirp ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 9:52 AM

Thank you Tara, I needed some time, to read and translate (for me more than simply small talk), to understand and to do it :-)
still not happy but its for free, so... we photographers don't bring any income I think.

beachzz ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 2:00 AM

Only you could figure all this out--you know how I am about stuff like this. Can't believe they just freakin changed it all so poorly; it wasn't broke so why did they try and fix it? lol

bakapo ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 8:31 PM

Oh, thanks so much for the button/icon help, Tara, it really did help!

aksirp ( ) posted Thu, 03 September 2015 at 2:08 PM

To Juliette, yes I feel lost at the same grade after some weeks... are there no more favorites to give or earn? are there no more indications about the views?
I see how many comments I have about a photo, but how many views? that was interesting for me.
I really try to find my way but it is not fun...
and I do not like to see the publics oversized to close to a wonderful photo.. or am I wrong??

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.