Mon, Sep 23, 3:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: I want to comment on my language Portuguese, Brazil

MarciaGomes ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 5:20 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:28 AM

Why can not I make the comments in my language (Portuguese, Brazil)
When I comment a picture, my comment is wrong.
I will not use the translator to translate each comment in English.
I want to comment on my language.

Quero comentar no meu idioma português-Brasil
Obrigado
MarciaGomes

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 9:16 PM

Hi Marcia-- Can you please explain how your comment is wrong? Is it translating incorrectly?

Thanks!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 11:43 PM

Hope, she means that the comment box does not allow the special characters for other languges.

MarciaGomes ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 12:38 PM

My comment is so.
Extraordinária obra a personagem é magnífico a iluminação é incrível,amo a composição.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 6:22 PM

Marcia, when asking about special characters needed for different languages it seems there will not be a change to add those. Sorry!!!

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2015 at 6:56 PM · edited Wed, 26 August 2015 at 6:56 PM

Hi Marcia,
Your English is beautiful!
Good and safe place to practice.
Tom

MarciaGomes ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 12:10 PM

I will not go further reviews.
Não irei mais fazer comentários.

Obrigado!!
MarciaGomes

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 12:37 PM

Languages other than English should be catered for.

caty77 ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 1:19 PM

Then Kimberly it's time to remove German and French forums if we can't use our characters.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 3:32 PM

I love Marcia's comments. She gives the most 'flowery' and 'melodious' comments. Even googley translated. :o)

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 10:52 PM

Very good point caty77. I will need to bring that up, that seems to have slipped my mind. Thank you!

Windigo ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 12:22 AM

Wow! What a way to alienate even more marketplace customers, unbelievable! Whats next, bookburning?

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 9:20 AM · edited Fri, 28 August 2015 at 9:21 AM

Total flabbergasted reading this!! .. I feel almost discriminated!
There are loyal members from all over the world for many MANY years .. and should be respected no matter what language!!

Members like Marcia & Flavio support every single new member in to the galleries feel like home ..
And now they don't want to comment at all no more feeling left out not being able write proper English..
They all deserve better, an award, an honorfull mention and a thank you note ..

Te amo Marcia!!!

virginiese ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 10:56 AM

Well, well, well. I think I won't come back on renderosity if this site doesn't respect my language anymore.
I've spent money during 10 years but I won't spend a dime anymore !
Goodbye !

Leije ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 11:54 AM

If I speak french in the comment window, it's like that : Si j'avais parlé français, c'était comme çà !
(there is not this problem in the "upload artwork" windows, so why in the comment window ?)
When will you repair that ? Many french or spanish people go away from Renderosity, don't forget that the artists are also buyers !

KarmaSong ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 12:47 PM

Will you accept the ideograms of Chinese Mandarin, which is even more widely spoken than English ?!!! If Renderosity had been operated by British or English people, every language would have been respected, even the special characters of Scots Gaelic or Welsh...
I am appaled by the narrow-mindedness that is ruling over this site now.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 1:08 PM · edited Fri, 28 August 2015 at 1:12 PM

se você usar o "nao" no lugar de "não" (como em espanhol) e "voce" em vez de "você", os brasileiros ainda vai entender tudo.

他們可能更喜歡普通話粵語了。

oops, yer right! rather difficult entering putonghua!

no can use putonghua

KarmaSong ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 1:25 PM

Miss Nancy, Brazilian Portuguese is such a beautiful language that it should NOT be transformed simply because a handful of programmers are convinced that everybody joining Renderosity is above all a vendor or a buyer, and art comes next....Tudo bem ?!

virginiese ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 2:15 PM

@leije : les accents sont acceptes lorsque l'on poste une image?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 2:53 PM · edited Fri, 28 August 2015 at 2:54 PM

yeah, that's right. pas portugais, et on ne peut pas écrire le français correctement. sacré bleu!

hopeandlove ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 3:47 PM

@everyone-- I presented this issue to my programmers and they're looking into fixing it. So sorry for the inconvenience! Stay tuned!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

3Dpixi ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 4:22 AM · edited Sat, 29 August 2015 at 4:22 AM

Thanx Hope!

Just never forget the force of Renderosity : the place where people/artists from all over the world unite ..
No matter where they come from, culture or what language they speak .. this should be treasured in detail ..!!

Jean_C ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2015 at 9:40 AM

There is greatly time to repair this problem really scandalous: if my language can not correcty be read on Renderosity, my money will not spend here too!
Accented characters were admitted by the old version of the site, is it a willingness of the staff to refuse the use of languages other than English? the comments of some staff members who refuse these remarks with a contemptuous "sorry " show that there is not the will to maintain Renderosity as international platform!
Many artists go away ... others will follow!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.