Tue, Sep 24, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:07 am)

Subject: PP2012 - Big Problem with 2 Genesis in Scene Breaking on Pose

piccolo_909 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 5:17 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 2:36 PM

I'm using poser pro 2012 SR3.1. I'm not sure exactly when this started happening, as i didn't use Poser for a bit of time, but the last thing i remember doing was updating DS-ON Importer from 1.0.0.56 to 1.2.0.12.

When i import one of my Genesis 1/2 characters, it poses fine. However, when i import a second Genesis 1/2 character in the scene, that character breaks apart when i try to pose it. I didnt have this problem in the past. I attached a screenshot of it so you guys can see what i'm talking about. Notice the brown werewolfs hand and arm.

genesis poser problem 01.jpg

Can someone please help me out?

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 6:42 AM

Did you update the base figures when you updated the importer? Both the Starter Essentials and the Poser CFs to go with them? If you don't there will be problems.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 9:00 AM · edited Fri, 04 September 2015 at 9:01 AM

While I haven't seen that happen, I use the last beta of the DSON importer (1.1.3.49) because the latest version puts a divot in the left ankle of Genesis 2 figures. You might have it in your Product Library...

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_16190

I echo parkdalegardener 's advice, and also make sure "Use Limits" is unchecked for the Genesis 1/2 figures...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

piccolo_909 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 3:15 PM · edited Fri, 04 September 2015 at 3:27 PM

Yeah i updated the base figures with starter essentials and poser cf's that come with them. Every time i import a second genesis or genesis 2 into the scene, the body breaks apart when posing. Is there any other suggestions?

Also, how do i uninstall the current version of ds-on if i didnt have an uninstaller?

piccolo_909 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 3:37 PM · edited Fri, 04 September 2015 at 3:52 PM

Well i downgraded back to the older ds-on, and my second genesis figure still breaks on pose. I also installed the older starter essentials/poser cf. This might of started happening after i reinstalled poser, where i saved out the genesis runtime. Does anyone have any other idea whats going on? I didnt have this problem before

Lindsey ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 5:57 PM · edited Fri, 04 September 2015 at 6:00 PM

I was curious if my Poser Pro 2012 install behaved the same. I'm not an active Poser Pro user, but have it installed just to test DAZ content in Poser . My Poser Pro 2012 is the 64bit, version 9.0.3.26149 (SR3.2). I have the current DSON Importer installed, which I guess is 1.2.0.12, but I don't recall how to check the version.

I loaded two Genesis MS Lycans and Scott 6 G2M for good measure. I applied a pose preset to one of the Lycan's and Scott 6 and on the other Lycan, used the mouse to move it's arms and right leg. I don't appear to have any posing deformation issues.

PoserTest.jpg

piccolo_909 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 7:55 PM · edited Fri, 04 September 2015 at 8:08 PM

What could suddenly cause my genesis1/2 to behave that way? The first genesis i imported poses fine, no problems. It's the second one i import that does that. The only things i recall recently that i did was reinstall my genesis runtime, upgrade my ds-on and genesis essentials to the latest one, and install a few new scenes. I was thinking maybe it's because i have SR3.1 instead of 3.2, but this didnt happen before, so i dont think its that.

If im upgrading my ds-on and genesis essentials from an earlier version, am i able to still use my old PZ3's and saved figures in the Figures library?

piccolo_909 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2015 at 11:45 PM

Update: So after trying many things, i seemed to have found a temp fix. At least where two genesis 1's are concerned. Before, if i imported both into a scene, the second one breaks when i tried to pose it. However, now, im importing both into a scene, then saving it out as a pz3. Then re-open the pz3 and both work fine. Does anyone have any clue why that would happen? Or maybe this info will point to a better solution, which im hoping for.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.