Thu, Sep 19, 4:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:54 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery issues

76claudia2205 ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2015 at 5:15 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 7:27 PM

Hi everyone,

This is the first time since the site has changed that I have uploaded an image here to my gallery. Now I've experienced a few problems while uploading.

1. I'm not able to credit more then one vendor. Before the site change this wasn't a issue at all. So could anyone tell me what's going on with this or have I missed something?

2. I've tried to credit Dragonfly3D (previously Lunchlady) but her name didn't showed up at all when typing. How is this even possible? Also I've tried her old name but that didn't worked either. It seems that uploading art causes some issues and I'd like to get help with this.

3. After I filled every field and added my image and thumbnail, hit the save button and I got a error. The error was about my thumbnail which was to small. There was no way to get back to the previous page and everything that I typed was gone and had to start all over again. This is very very time consuming.

Would it be possible that when uploading a image/thumbnail and the size is incorrect to get a instant warning and not afterwards? Or maybe just make a fix like when hitting the back button that all the information stays intact?

I hope you will look into these matters seriously. Also I hope that this is the right forum, couldn't find any other forum what fitted my question. Thank you for your time.

Now it's just causing issues and takes up to much time.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2015 at 9:45 PM

Hi @76claudia2205- would you mind telling me which browser you're using and is this the first time you're uploading an image since the site change? Thanks so much and please let me know!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

Wonderland ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 4:10 PM

I had the exact same issues. Firefox on a Mac. I was only able to credit one vendor, there were no slots for other vendors and I when I tried to add a second one, it overwrote the first vendor... My thumbnail was too big and when I replaced it, everything I had written before including vendor credit, the images, key words, everything was deleted and I had to start over from scratch.

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com
FACEBOOK: Alicia's Page TWITTER: @AliciaHollinger INSTAGRAM: @AliciaHollinger

mazzam ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 4:26 PM
Online Now!

With the new credit system you are crediting a product not the artist which isn't too bad. But there is still a problem when the credit is anything by Danie and Marforno which still results in an upload failure. When I click the browser back button and reenter the credits without the DM item the upload works 100 percent of the time. (Firefly on a Mac.) I still find the keyword list utterly strange. Is there any place to recommend additions to the list. For example 'butterfly' wasn't on the list when I tried it and butterflies are all over the place in fantasy and faerie categories not to say lots of best selling products. 'cube' is missing. Strange.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 4:52 PM

mazzam posted at 4:45PM Fri, 18 September 2015 - #4229305

With the new credit system you are crediting a product not the artist which isn't too bad. But there is still a problem when the credit is anything by Danie and Marforno which still results in an upload failure. When I click the browser back button and reenter the credits without the DM item the upload works 100 percent of the time. (Firefly on a Mac.) I still find the keyword list utterly strange. Is there any place to recommend additions to the list. For example 'butterfly' wasn't on the list when I tried it and butterflies are all over the place in fantasy and faerie categories not to say lots of best selling products. 'cube' is missing. Strange.

When I searched for vendors, "Danie and Marforno," they both came up. What product were your crediting from them?

Hope Kumor

mazzam ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 1:26 PM
Online Now!

They came up. I selected the product DM's Body n Soul. No problem. But when I clicked the key to submit the entry I got the white screen and an entry with no image appeared in the gallery. I went back to the entry form the product names had been changed to 'undefined'. I deleted them and replaced the other credits. Without the dm product the upload succeeded. Note that I have no problem SELECTING dm products. The problem is that with ANY dm product in the product list the upload fails. Please read this carefully. The problem is that if any DM product is in the credits list, the upload fails. Leave out the DM product and the upload succeeds every time. Strange but true. And totally consistent.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2015 at 12:30 AM

Thank you letting us know what vendors. I'm going to look into this further. :)

mazzam ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 1:45 PM
Online Now!

Danie told me that the problem was the apostrophe ' in the product name. The problem was fixed in the marketplace but it seems that the same fix hasn't been applied yet in the gallery.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 3:00 PM

Is it "Body n' Soul? There's an apostrophe over the "n?"

Hope Kumor

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 12:56 PM

at least I am not the only one! I made a whole thread with screen captures on the crediting more than one vender PROBLEM... !

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.