Mon, Sep 9, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No longer receiving emails from Renderosity?

MarkHirst ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 2:31 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 7:50 PM

After coming back from holiday recently, it has just dawned on me that I haven't see any promotional emails from Renderosity, or any artist posting notifications for a while now. I've just checked my site settings, and the option for promotional material, newsletters and so forth is set to 'Yes'.

Renderosity is in my safe senders list (and has been for many years now), and nothing it turning up in Junk either.

Is there something I need to do to return to normal service ?

Mark

www.CambrianMoons.com

vitachick ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 2:37 PM

Nope...You have to click on activity feed....I know they really messed up...

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

MarkHirst ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

What about the promotions, coupon codes and newsletters that got me visiting the site and buying stuff ?

Have these stopped now ? I don't see these in the Activity Feed.

Mark

www.CambrianMoons.com

chanur56 ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 2:51 PM

Yepp, and it's easy to miss a sale now (bad for the vendors too...), I never think about that 'activity feed'. If Rendo wants me to spent my money they shall point me to that information, I really don't see any need for me to search the site for sale informations. The emails we got have been a perfect advertise, but common sense seems to get lost at Rendo in favor of social media crap...

MarkHirst ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 2:58 PM

I had to read your reply twice just to make sure I'd not made a mistake - wow, unbelievable :-(

Mark

www.CambrianMoons.com

chanur56 ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 3:08 PM

My last reply was ment as addon to vitachicks answer, seems we had a cross post here... ;)

In my activity feed there is a sale mentioned at the moment (Seven and Scoobie37 at the top on the right). Though it is easy to miss nowadays...

MarkHirst ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:21 PM

@chanur56. Thanks for that, I can see that one now. I'm sure dropping emails is a mistake on Renderosity's part. Most of my purchases came from those promo emails, especially from the range of product images within the message, not just the headline product at the top.

Mark

www.CambrianMoons.com

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 6:38 PM

I wanted to throw in real fast... the reason partly for our removal of email notifications is that it was a very common complaint that Renderosity sent too many emails. So to take care of that issue, we put all notifications in one simple place so that you can almost see everything at once. :)

PhilW ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 6:01 AM

But what about those who actually WANT reminders that something has happened - otherwise we just forget about checking. I am using Rendo less and less because of this (not to mention that it seems to have got so slow as to be virtually unusable, and I have a fibre internet connection!).

ArtistX ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 4:27 PM

KimberlyC posted at 10:26PM Tue, 06 October 2015 - #4230406

I wanted to throw in real fast... the reason partly for our removal of email notifications is that it was a very common complaint that Renderosity sent too many emails. So to take care of that issue, we put all notifications in one simple place so that you can almost see everything at once. :)

No wonder I have missed so many images from people I follow - why not offer an opt-in / opt-out thing for emails?

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 4:45 PM

@ArtistX-- Unfortunately, we're unable to do that because we have so many members that it would cause the same issue as before-- getting backed up and sending too many e-mails.

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2015 at 11:01 PM

PhilW posted at 10:00PM Wed, 07 October 2015 - #4230656

But what about those who actually WANT reminders that something has happened - otherwise we just forget about checking. I am using Rendo less and less because of this (not to mention that it seems to have got so slow as to be virtually unusable, and I have a fibre internet connection!).

Sadly, it doesn't seem to matter what the members want anymore... :-(

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

hopeandlove ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 9:29 AM · edited Thu, 08 October 2015 at 9:29 AM

Hey @RodS-- Thanks for your comment, but we've changed a decent amount of stuff to cater to you guys as members. For instance [just to name a few]:

• We changed some of the galleries back to paging instead of the endless scrolling
  • Changing gallery image sizes
  • Fixed editing previous albums in your gallery
  • Gave members an option to either see nudity or filter it out.
  • We used to have tons of ads, but now, we've decreased ads to 2-3.

So, please don't say we haven't been listening because we have been. We've been replying and sending updates about something that was changed. Thanks so much!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 12:28 PM · edited Thu, 08 October 2015 at 12:29 PM

I stand corrected. Sometimes frustration gets the better of me! :-D

For the record, we (I) do appreciate the changes that have been made at our requests - the gallery image size was a biggie. Many of us still hope that a way will be found to reinstate the email notifications for new gallery postings and comments. If a way could be found, it would make a LOT of folks very happy, and I think the ill feelings expressed by many would evaporate.

I know your job isn't an easy one. Your efforts are appreciated.

romanceworks ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 8:23 AM

There are probably many others, like me, who are sometimes too busy to visit Rosity on a daily basis. So the ebots announcing artists posts and other happenings were very appreciated. Now if I miss a few days I have to use activity feed and scroll through a massive number of posts. I'm basically being forced to look at everything. Frankly it's overwhelming and I don't have the time or desire to sort through them. The experience frustrates me and I end up leaving. I believe others are having this same unpleasant experience and ultimately this is hurting Renderosity. I've been a member and vendor here for many years, have enjoyed this site very much, and really hate to see this happening. I'm hoping the ebots return, so I can return, too.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2015 at 12:50 PM

Hope, You wonder why some of us are less than happy with the site changes and the whole 'new' Renderosity experience. And why you get messages like the one I posted earlier out of frustration....

I have been trying for the last half-hour to change my email address in my account settings. First it took 10 minutes of clicking around just to FIND where to do so. OK, found it - no problem. I have entered the new email address multiple times, and still have not received the 'confirmation' email with the link to click on. I've checked the spam folder, and it's not in there.

I'll wait a little longer to see if the confirmation shows up, but at this point, I'm not very optimistic.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2015 at 2:50 PM

I finally ended up using my Comcast email, and it worked. The email address I was trying to use was through my own domain, rodslair.com which is hosted by GoDaddy. For the record, that email address worked for 6 years...... until the 'Revolution.' Are your mail servers blocking IP addresses through GoDaddy?

Anyway it works, now, so I'll quit bothering you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.