Wed, Sep 18, 11:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:42 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Is it still worth being a Prime Member?

Bad0nion ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:15 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:42 AM

Render rewards are only 5% now and prime items now cost much more than before.
Did we get any other benefits in return that I may have missed because right now Prime-Membership seems to have become rather pointless for me.

Giana ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 1:22 PM

there are a few comments by users at the end of this article

https://www.renderosity.com/learn-whats-new-in-prime-cms-17853

i'm not sure one can base a well-rounded opinion fully from it as it contains only a very small slice of feedback though;
as with most posts around here, for every one you read, there are dozens of folks out there who haven't left feedback...

Bad0nion ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 6:27 PM · edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 6:27 PM

Thank's for the quick response!
I just don't buy that much items and sometimes I barely make it even above 100$ to even get render rewards.
And now that I only get 5% out of it and also prime items cost much more I'm afraid I could end up paying more money for my prime-membership than what I'm saving from it.

(Sorry if my english is awkward. It's not my native language.)

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 7:19 PM

Hello.

Prime does have some good value for members. You get monthly coupons that are at a very good discount to use on non-prime items. You get 7% render rewards each month. Products will be varied in price but you will find some really good bargains in the prime club area all the time. There will be NEW product releases each month that only Prime Members can get the biggest savings on. There is a FREE product each month sponsored by a different vendor. Those items are varied each month.

Just a couple of the perks for you to consider. :)

Radthorne ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 8:28 PM

I am dumping Prime as of now. I feel rather burned as I paid the price for the membership based on the $3.50 item prices. I am very upset that they changed the rules with no warning. I removed all the Prime items from my wishlist and will not renew it.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 2:41 PM

I was (awaiting refund) a member - not for the $3.50 items - I could care less about those, but for that sweet, sweet 26% off coupon. Since coupons are now random, variable, and less than 26% (with a $35 buy-in) I am dropping my membership (along with almost everything in my wishlist).

They really just don't get it. Most folks that shop here have 'X' dollars to spend per month (it is a hobby, after all). All of the changes they have made to prime isn't going to increase sales - it is going to lower them, because some of us are leaving and those that stay aren't going to increase their spending, they are just going to buy fewer items, or take a closer look at other storefronts, and spend their money there.

The $110+ I have been spending here every month for over the past decade for the most part, will go elsewhere, unless 'Rosity decides to get it's act together (but I am not holding my breath).

They would have done much better by simply increasing the cost of prime products to $4.99; they could have taken their cut and explained away the rest of it. There would have been whining for a day or so & then people would moved on.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2015 at 6:30 PM

I was thinking to become a prime member again, but not since they changed it.
I am so upset about how renderosity is acting , it breaks my heart.
One felt part of the * community * now I feel just like a customer.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 2:28 AM

Add to that they have decided that coupons are no longer valid on sales and clearance items, so whatever coupons we might get down the road will be useless anyway. Save your money and stay away from Prime.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 8:29 AM · edited Thu, 27 August 2015 at 8:30 AM

Raindroptheelf posted at 8:26AM Thu, 27 August 2015 - #4224130

One felt part of the * community * now I feel just like a customer.

You're the third person I've seen "say" this (the other two in private communications). I hope that if Renderosity's Powers That Be are reading all these threads behind the scenes, they take this line of your post truly to heart.

CybersoxXIII ( ) posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 9:36 AM

No. The "new" version of Prime is an unmitigated disaster. Prices are already cheaper if you just wait for an average sale, the current "Prime" prices continue to inch up, the coupons have been cut back to the bone and the "concierge service" in the Prime forum seems to be run by Norman Bates.

screencraft ( ) posted Sun, 30 August 2015 at 11:53 AM

... and the new web site is a mess. Try finding your way to renew or to buy? Someone provided me with a link, though I won't use it now ... But the point is, where on the web site do I quickly and easily SEE a link to buy into Prime? the only links I can find are to the products, and I have to say that prices up to and over $9.99 is NOT what I consider a Prime price. Sorry, I have spent thousands on Rendo over the years but this is just massive stupidity on their part, and that includes the really bad site layout. Who on EARTH thought the new front page would be user-friendly? It's cluttered, messy, and off-putting, and I can't find the links I want on it. Rubbish. Sorry, but it is. :(

redhorse ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 10:40 PM

Even knowing the changes they planned, I renewed. However, this is probably my last time. There just isn't much value in it for me anymore. As others have stated, the coupons are not nearly as good as they used to be. Also, while the content doesn't seem to be quite as dominated by female characters and hair textures as it used to be, the prime pricing doesn't make the new variety of products nearly as attractive as they might have been. I no longer buy things on impulse because, "hey, it's only $3.50 and I might have a use for that someday". With prices sometimes significantly higher than that, I'm forced to think over my purchases and the answer so far has always been "no thanks - I don't NEED that now".

screencraft ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 3:16 AM

Good comment, Redhorse ... It was so easy to impulse-buy at $3.50. Now, things sit in my shopping cart and I think it over and think it over and then just don't buy. I have not renewed, which is sad.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 12:34 PM

Honestly, unless something changes between now and next July I can't see any reason to renew my prime membership. And unless they make this website easier to shop and quicker to load I probably will not be around by next July to renew. I bought 3 OOT products last night, it took an hour to do it. If I didn't really want them, I never would have bothered.

screencraft ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 12:45 PM

I have actually now renewed, in the hopes it will get better ....

Kazam561 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 10:35 PM

Kazam561 posted at 10:34PM Tue, 29 September 2015 - #4231554

jennblake posted at 10:22PM Tue, 29 September 2015 - #4223037

Hello.

Prime does have some good value for members. You get monthly coupons that are at a very good discount to use on non-prime items. You get 7% render rewards each month. Products will be varied in price but you will find some really good bargains in the prime club area all the time. There will be NEW product releases each month that only Prime Members can get the biggest savings on. There is a FREE product each month sponsored by a different vendor. Those items are varied each month.

Just a couple of the perks for you to consider. :)

This information has been stated differently in other threads by staff. Monthly prime coupons were stated they weren't being issued, then due to prime members complaining they sort of are being issued. Prime products (most new items being listed in prime) have gone up in price * which compared to the original great price of $3.50 isn't so hot. Some raise in price is okay, but lots of vendors are doing only 50% off list price. A lot of vendors have pulled products from prime, and others chose not to list items on prime. So far there have been a few prime flash sales which are sales of items on Prime for a limited amount of time (seemingly 24 to 48 hours) for various prices seemingly left to vendors. Some vendors have great deals and still list items at $3.50. Others list them at that price for a limited time (seemingly 24 to 48 hours). It's confusing, with rules still constantly changing, and many unhappy long time prime customers.

If you are new to prime and have no expectations, it's okay but kind of changing week to week. If you knew what it used to be you would be disappointed. As to worth, lots of prime members have complained on threads of having a hard time justifying spending to meet the minimum amount for the monthly render rewards. Currently clearance items are 50% off for prime members but am not sure for how long that feature might continue.

*Edited to correct typo at *

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 10:37 PM

Sorry about the bold. Was editing my text and did not click bold either. :( Not sure what's going on there....

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 11:05 PM

Not to mention coupons are now starting to get useless as more and more vendors opt out of them..

Kazam561 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2015 at 11:17 PM

The rules of coupons due to the changes should be a sticky in the forum. When coupons change, the sticky should be updated. It would be so much easier to also list changes in the website and Prime features updates as separate stickies. As it stands customers have to go through threads, some of which are many pages, to see things changed or answered. I have said it before in two other threads at least. The website, and changes have been very, very confusing to the customers that remain. Not a good thing confusing customers on a regular basis. This isn't Monty Python's confuse a cat....

Spit ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 5:47 PM

Any membership club that customers pay into should have fixed benefits that the customer can rely on.

This change is a total mess and defies that concept majorly. There are fewer coupons and you don't know when or if they will come. The prices of products are now variable and some are more than 400% higher. And allowing vendors to disallow coupons on products that are also overpriced in prime means something I normally would have picked up will have to wait until that product goes into clearance.

I made a comment complaining about the new prime pricing to the page laying it out and it never was posted. I"m really annoyed that I had already renewed my membership before the changes took place.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.