Sun, Oct 6, 4:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Different shading with same material problem..

cortic ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 6:34 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:50 PM

Attached a render, you can see the face is washed out, though the color of the skin in the source image is the same as the body and all the setting in the material room are the same as the body. i can temporarily solve this by copy/pasting the image source for the face and using the copy, but if i add the edited character to the library then reload her the shading will be off again (none of the setting will have changed, and the image source will still be pointing to the copy, which hasn't changed, but the face will be washed out again).

I'm using Poser Pro 2014 and a V3 model, never had this problem with older versions of poser, think it must be something in the library superimposing an old face map over the current one, but since the library poser uses is such a mess at the best of times i have no idea where it saved the older image (if that's even the problem).

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

colorProb.jpg

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 7:17 PM

This looks like the lighting or maybe Gamma correction might need to be turned off in your render settings. I'm just guessing and I know someone will pipe in with a much better correct answer :)

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

cortic ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 7:33 PM

Kazam561, thanks so much, disabled Gamma correction, fixed the problem. Still not sure why it only effected the head, and only after reloading from library, but i think the renders look better without the Gamma correction anyway, so i will just leave that off. Thanks again :)

Morkonan ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2015 at 9:34 AM

Just a note: If you simply altered the GC in the Firefox render window, then the problem was likely due to textures/materials loading improperly. (The render you submitted looks like a Preview render, which only uses what's available in the OpenGl Pose window.) Given, of course, all the materials were the same for the body parts, that is. Choosing to Reload the textures should fix the problem, in this case, as Poser, depending on version, does not always reload textures after switching between Pose and Material Room, for instance. But, it may reload after a render.

If you had separate GC for the textures, as shown in the Material room, of course, then that was truly the problem. :)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2015 at 11:47 AM

Just a warning: Gamma correction is correction. Without it, the renderer doesn't know how to deal with images properly, nor how to make them properly. You can't correct for these mistranslations after the fact, because information is lost. In my experience, it's not that hard to accommodate GC, while being impossible to make up for its absence.

Also, toggling GC should affect both materials the same way. From what you're describing, it sounds like there is a problem with the specific gamma of your body texture, since it stayed the same.

And just to let you know it is possible, I've used version 3 figures in PP 2014 with GC on with no problems. I've used linear workflow since before it was supported by Poser itself and we had to do it (less correctly) in the material room. I get pretty good results out of Poser all the time, in all kinds of different light levels, and without complicated lighting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.