Sat, Oct 5, 11:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: why is there sound when i open a forum page?

maneki_neko ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 4:33 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:34 AM

ok this is a bit creepy, and extremely unnerving too. i think it has only been happening in the last few days, not before. when i open a forum, there is music for maybe 10 seconds when the page opens. can't identify the sound, it changes. beside the obvious that it's an onload page track, there's even a tiny chance it taps from my tablet, no idea what's on here it's not my device. is this a bug or a feature? in any case, get rid of it. new layout calling for shopping-mall sound to beatify customers? dunno if you heard it, but... embedded sound on a site has been obsolete for what, 10 years or something...

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2015 at 4:48 PM

I have to say this is the first time I have heard of this. Is it all forums or just certain ones?

maneki_neko ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2015 at 4:03 AM

couldn't repeat it. i tried various forums and subs, to not avail.. it happened on 2 days i think, 1x on oct 1st/2x on 2nd. the only thing those 3 peeks might have had in common could have been "new" forums i never entered before, but i'm not sure this applies to all 3 times. and now well.. i've been there. no idea.

sorry too for the less than civil tone, there have been too many real reasons to be upset here lately, meanwhile i tend to overreact like an oversensitive car alarm going for leaves falling...

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2015 at 9:36 PM

This can be two things:

1. One of the banner ads contains music or
  2. Malware. Have you run a malware scan lately?

Thanks!

maneki_neko ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 7:47 AM

could be an ad, since it did it again right now, on the top forum page, and the ads might have been the same recently, which also would explain why this never happened before. this dumb type of sound is exactly what i'd picture an annoying seller would pick for marketing something. one more reason to kill those ads. seriously, they bug the hell out of everyone, and i wonder if anyone is gullible enough to click on them, in which case i'm sorry for them.

might also be malware, though this tablet seems to have avast installed. also, weird for a malware to be only active on rendo forums and ab-so-lu-te-ly nowhere else, not mentioning that playing 10 sec sound is a bit useless for malware...

fabiana ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 1:17 PM

It happened to me today. No other devices around, no other pages than renderosity ones, It suddenly stopped. No malware here, several things updated and running in extremely safe mode. For me it was like a holiday music. Please get rid of it it realy scared me...

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 1:58 PM

Is it certain pages or just one? :)

fabiana ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 2:04 PM

impossible to recreate... didn´t happened again but also the ads are all in rotation so the probabilities of getting it again in short time are hard to calculate...

Fabi @FKDesign

Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 3:52 PM

Hey @Fabiana-- so, you're unable to produce a screenshot of the ad producing music/audio?

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

thaaksma ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 3:57 PM

Can I get a link to the page you're seeing/hearing this ad?

thaaksma ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 4:04 PM

I have just made a change and I don't think you should see/hear these going forward. Should something present itself, please make an attempt to capture a screenshot and send that, along with the url in which you saw the ad, to marketing@renderosity.com. Thanks!

fabiana ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 4:30 PM

OK, If I hear it again I will make sure to send that. So far, didn´t happen again... thank you!!!!!

Fabi @FKDesign

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 12:34 AM

Thanks Fabi! :)

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 10:21 AM

Thank you!

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.