Mon, Sep 9, 6:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Member/Vendor Porthos Has Passed Away

hopeandlove ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 1:41 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 2:13 AM

Hey folks--

Unfortunately, another one of our members has passed away: Porthos. Please keep her family in your thoughts today. Please leave some comments below and I'll add them to her memorial article.

Thank you.

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 6:22 PM

Oh this is so sad. She was a lovely lady with a quirky sense of humour. She will be missed.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Richardphotos ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2015 at 9:37 PM

my condolences to her family and friends

Giana ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 12:36 AM

Mary was such a giving spirit, generous with her time & encouragements for others. she also was her own person, open-minded, but knew who she was and where she wanted to go, and kept her own voice & perspectives, which is admirable and respectable. and though i cannot say with absolute certainty, i was always under the impression that she liked to challenge herself. i was in her gallery at some point in the past two weeks, wondering where she might've gone, and had planned on trying to get back in touch with her after all these years of having been away - it saddens me greatly to know i'll not be able to read her cheerful words again.

if words were balm enough to even touch the sorrow her husband & family feels, i'd write a million of them, even knowing that it would not be enough, for it truly is such a tremendous loss.

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 1:57 PM

I have known Mary for over 16 years when we both just joined Renderosity and we were both active at some other graphic forums. She was the sweetest person, always leaving some encouraging feedback, never angry words. She was smart and creative, she learned modelling herself, became a vendor and she was a great digital artist. She loved the fantasy world in the broadest spectrum, from fairies and leperchauns till the last frontier of Startrek. In real life she was a fighter for the weak and innocent, the persecuted and the poor, fighting for animal rights, rights of unborn babies, persecuted Christians in Syria and Iraq, the poor and the hungry. She was a devout Catholic and she wasn't afraid to let the world know where she stood. I admired her for that. I think it was last winter when she fell ill with Cancer. She told me not to worry and that she would be fine. That was how she was. I was sure, knowing Mary she would fight this (and she did) and win this battle. Great was my shock (I still can't really comprehend it, while I write this) when I heard she had lost her battle. She was a very special person. Mary was a great inspiration to me and I am honored to have been friends with her. I will miss her very much. She will be forever in my heart!

My sincerest condolences to her husband and son, her brothers and sisters and her mother. And to the Many MANY friends Mary had. Rest in peace my friend.!

603842_642163795798465_111731868_n.jpg

My gallery @ Renderosity

Irish ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 7:03 AM

I first met Mary when she joined The Eclectic Guild, a small forum that I once ran and we became good friends. She had such a wonderful spirit, and she created such beautiful images then she learned to model and she was a natural at that as well. Mary contributed to many small graphic challenges we held and was a faithful and dedicated member. She loved her Family, her church and her friends. She has left us far too early.

Not only will she be missed by her Family, her friends, but also by the large internet community who knew her and loved her.

My sincere condolences to her Family.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 8:44 AM

I didn't "know" her well, but she created a few of my favorite Poser-related sets that have appreciated places in my runtime folders. My condolences to her loved ones.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 9:48 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 7:16 AM

Sad. RIP.-

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

PAnn ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 11:07 AM

I am sorry, but my heart just dropped when I read this announcement. I got to know Mary on the internet years and years ago. I got to know her through a forum I ran connected to my website and also through the Eclectic Guild as well. It was this fine and lovely lady whose work I admired so much that got me introduced to Poser because I wanted to be so much like her. I had used PSP for so long but I just loved Mary's images and she was so helpful as I got used to Poser 5. Hers is basically the only gallery I really look at here. I will miss her presence and her kind spirit in being so helpful to others and her images of her main interest in Space and Star Trek. My condolences to her family and friends. Words will never take away or soothe your loss but she was loved by a lot of people who had never physically met her but loved her anyway.

radioham ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 12:28 PM
Online Now!

I will remember her and her family in my prayers

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 12:38 PM

My heart goes out to her family and friends. Loved her work and her generosity - what a loss to the 3D community !

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2015 at 6:46 AM

Another sad loss. I wish her family and friends comfort and healing.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.