Fri, Oct 4, 2:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Help, Water ripples, need refresher?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 11:58 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:25 PM

Hi

I think it was last year, I asked about making the surface of water move. I got an answer and tested it, even posted a sample here.

Now after putting in a new hard drive installing Windows 10 and reinstalling Poser, I can find the water surface textures that I downloaded, but I can't find the rest of what made it work.

I just can't remember what was involved, or where I got it.

Now I have a project I want to use it on.

I can't find a way to see my old posts here, so I can't go back and get the information.

Can someone tell me how to see my old posts?

Or direct me to the information on how to make waves and ripples in the water surface that I found last year.

Thanks,

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 7:49 PM · edited Sun, 11 October 2015 at 8:00 PM

Basically, the trick is to use a seamlessly looped animation to drive the displacement channel. If you have P9 (with SR3.2) or later, just download my Eldar house playset from the freestuff; copy the waterstream material to your scene and change the master scale as needed.

Every frame of the animated texture is an asymmetrically seamless tile, so you can use the master scale to increase/decrease the number of times the texture is tiled so as to cover your waterplane with ripples at the desired scale. Adjust displacement value to increase/decrease wave height.

Material room screen grab of the upper waterstream: sequentially numbered JPEGs in the movie node.PNG

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 8:09 PM

If you're looking for your old threads dealing with your waves/ripples experiments do an advanced search, older than 1 days, by username MikeMoss. All of the relevant threads popped up under those search conditions... there's several.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 12:06 AM · edited Mon, 12 October 2015 at 12:09 AM

Hi

Thanks for the help. It took a while but I found it in Free Stuff after finding my old post.

I have it installed, now I'll have to figure out how to use it again. That's the problem with being 77, all the things you hear about your memory going are true! LOL

I should have remembered that it was done by BardicHeart. Once I remembered that I was able to track it down.

Thanks again to Sean for the prop! i worked with it in a number of things a few years ago, now I have a new project that I want to have moving water.

Also thanks to Seachnasaigh, I have his water textures also. And I'll work through his explanation tomorrow.

Mike

Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 10:27 AM

Et hop ! Procedural water from Bagginsbill

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2015 at 10:39 AM · edited Wed, 14 October 2015 at 10:45 AM

Hi

I got everything working. I did this short video to try it out....

https://vimeo.com/142393398

Later today I'm going to do a 3D Vision stereo version and see how that works.

Mike

PS, I don't see any way to add a live link it these forums any more. If I click on the Link button it just says paste your link here, but I could do that without the link button!

There used to be a dialog for inserting links. Is there a way to do that?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.