Fri, Oct 4, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Need help again?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 11:23 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Hi

I've gotten Poser pretty much back to normal since I reinstalled everything except for one problem. All the normal content shows in the Libraries menu except for things that I try and add.

I'm trying to reinstall Jessi Improved, a character that I've used for a long time.

I have confirmed that the CR2 file is in the normal place.

"Runtime/ Libraries/Character/Jessi Improved"

But when I open the Library there is no entry for it. I also notice that my New Figures folder has several characters in it but they don't show in the Library either.

Does anyone know what's going on?

I thought that I had finally gotten so I understood the directory structure of Poser but now I'm stumped again.

Oh one last thing, I installed the CR2 file in the Downloads version of Runtime and it doesn't show there either?

I also downloaded a new version of the file and tried that.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:01 PM · edited Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:02 PM

PS, I also find that if I use the Library Search function, that it doesn't find these files. The same thing is true for the Roxie Improved character, when it's added it doesn't show up in the Library.

It appears that anything that wasn't part of the original install show up in the Library.

PS 2, why won't it let my edit my post? I would have just added this to the bottom.

heddheld ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:02 PM

did you refresh the library ....little circular arrow to right of names .......probably not your problem but I have had that problem ;-)

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:02 PM

Thanks I'll try that!

Kazam561 ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:03 PM

Which version of Poser are you using? Remember Poser has it's main runtime (depending on which version you installed) under Program Files/Smith Micro/Poser Version number/Runtime. There is another library runtime it installs under My Documents in the Shared Files section. When you open Poser, it's probably displaying the library in My Documents. Check if you see the other runtime. It should show normally, if not you can add it with the add library icon in the upper right hand corner of the library display.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:07 PM

Refreshing didn't work, I have my runtime in my Poser 2014 directory but I'll check and see if there is another one some place. I have always chosen this location but I suppose there's a chance I slipped up this time.

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:29 PM

Hi

Something was really messed up.

I ran uninstall and when I got done and it said it was complete the Poser I'm accessing was still there. I'm not sure where the one that it uninstalled was.

I've removed everything and am reinstalling to a new directory. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:54 PM

OK, I had the same result after reinstalling everything again.

I could see that it was installing everything to my Runtime in my Poser 2014 directory, (where I told it to), but when I opened Poser and went to the Library it showed that no content was installed.

So it's looking for a location that is different then the one that it's actually installing the content to.

I looked in my Users folder but didn't find a Runtime there or anyplace else, other then the one in my Poser directory, I have Poser installed on my D: drive, now in D:Smith MicroPoser 2014.

I've never had it on my C: drive.

Finally I did what I probably should have done to start with, (had I known that it wasn't looking at my Runtime) and added the Runtime that's in my Poser directory and now I can see my content.

Is there a was to tell where Poser after is looking for the Runtime folder and tell it, where your Runtime folder is really at?

Mike

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 1:27 PM

Yes, enter the Library and hover your mouse cursor over the particular runtime folder. A help bubble will appear revealing the runtime absolute install path.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 10:46 PM

Hi

Thanks I'll try that, though if there's no way to change where it's looking, I guess it doesn't make any difference.

The thing is, I've been using Poser since version 3, and it's always directed the Library to where I installed my Runtime folder. Which has always been in the Poser Directory.

It installed the Runtime folder where it was directed to during the install process, (I observed that it was showing the correct address), so why is it looking someplace else for it,

This was a clean install to a new location. I had uninstalled everything before putting it back in again.

Weird.

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 11:17 PM · edited Mon, 19 October 2015 at 11:21 PM

Hi again!

Ok, that showed me where it's looking for the Runtime folder.

C: Program Files Smith Micro Poser 2014 Runtime.

The problem is that there is no entry like this, not hidden, not there, no trace of it. I ran my search software and found no Poser Runtime anyplace on my C: drive.

Well the problems is solved by adding the real Runtime folder as an option in the Library, but I have no idea why is started looking for a directory that does't exist.

If there was a way to remove the bogus entry I'd do it but I don't see any option to remove the original library from the list. Maybe some preference file someplace.

By the way has anyone else noticed that you can't use a forward slant in this forum. I keep putting them in the address line and it keeps removing them.

Mike

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2015 at 1:10 AM

Try using a double slash; the forum software will remove one from each pair.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.