Sat, Oct 5, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Good news

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 7:39 PM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 3:05 AM

Finally, I have a nice new computer. It has - so far - 8GB RAM, 1TB HD and a nice AMD processor. It's linked up to a shiny new Samsung 4k monitor, too. Am I ever happy. Many, many thanks to all the kind people who helped me out by donating kit.

I'm now able to run PP2012, which is amazing, compared to the P6 I was using on me old machine. I'm trying to get the bulk of my old Runtime across to the new box but it's a lengthy process.

Anyhow, in celebration of my huge upgrade, I've been working on some new stuff to share. Expect these in Freestuff in the next week or so.NonCanonR.jpgChair.jpgUtilityBelt.jpg

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 7:53 PM

The Daleks are all non canon versions, including an update to the STM6, which now includes geometry switching. There's a huge update to the STLB4, which I'll probably rename to STLB5, so as to not overwrite existing versions.

The Davros chair has moving joysticks and a couple of other things, plus moving shoulder restraints and headrest. No headpiece for Davros yet; I'll get to it eventually.

The belt is fully poseable, so you should be able to wrap it around anyone with a bit of tinkering. I left in all the rotation dials, since in the real thing there's a bit of play in just about any direction.

It loads in an opened up position, more or less right where a figure stands. I've provided a basic "Closed" pose, which is used in the above pic.

Not to brag, but I tried my hardest to make this as accurate as possible. I studied some very good photos of a replica taken from the originals. I can say without fear of contradiction that my model is much more accurate than one I've seen for sale at the Squid.

There's also a model of my Boss GT-5 which needs finishing off, plus the long time promised Dalek rigging tutorial. Soon come.

My Store

My Gallery

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 8:25 PM

I do like the belt. The effort you've put into it really shows. Has anyone done a matching grapple gun yet?

I know someone who will probably enjoy the heck out of that chair.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2015 at 8:46 PM

Great news Sam, excellent looking models and renders too.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2015 at 12:27 AM

Thanks, people.

@LD - Redders, perchance? BTW, nice to have you back.

My Store

My Gallery

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2015 at 5:36 AM

glad your back Sam your work is excellent how are the kids doing

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2015 at 6:33 AM

Thanks for the goodies! I'm a closet Whovian, so all things a pertaining to that tv show on BBC America are welcomed by your truly.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

ย 

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2015 at 7:41 AM

Hey, hey, the Gang's all here ... Great line-up of the old villains! Nice work.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2015 at 9:22 AM

Very cool.... looking forward to seeing more creations and renders!

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2015 at 11:24 AM

Thank you. You can never have enough Daleeks.

Maxidyne ( ) posted Sun, 25 October 2015 at 2:49 PM

Excellent line up. I've rendered a few of your Daleks in my gallery and look forward these.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 26 October 2015 at 2:15 PM

Thank you for the kind words. Here's a pic of the Dalek I made for the tutorial. There are also some more, canon, Daleks on the way which includes a bashed up "Asylum" version and an Emperor's guard.tutorialdalek.jpg

My Store

My Gallery

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 26 October 2015 at 2:26 PM

fab renders! congrats on new machine.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 26 October 2015 at 9:14 PM

Mercy, I remember a time when there was only one Dalek available for Poser, one based upon the geometry modeled by James "Tobor" Murphy. This was during the days of Poser 4. The person who converted and rigged it did not consider the need to "split" selected edges. Because Poser 4 had an automatic smoothing formula that could not be overridden within the program, the "skirt" of the Dalek looked more like the smooth surface of a cone. But then talented people like Billy-Home, MechMaster and our "man of the hour", Sam Therapy, came along and created their own meshes, ones intended for Poser from the start. They've freely shared both "canon" and "interpretive" designs. Honestly, with Sam's various "switching geometry" versions, one could hundreds of travel machines in a scene with no two being identical (assuming the PC and Poser could handle the load).

I see one of the "pepperpots" in the "lineup" above appears to be a "special weapons" unit. That is, it possesses a single BFG (big freakin' gun) instead of a plunger (or claw) arm and a normal sized gun stick. BTW, did anyone notice the special weapons Dalek in "The Witch's Familiar" could talk? Some fans assumed from the lack of "ranting" in "Remembrance of the Daleks" maybe they were mute. I guess not. ;-)

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 26 October 2015 at 10:00 PM

Hey, Bill! The SWD I made has a BFG, claw and regular gunstick. I'm going to rework the dome lamps before sending it out into the wild.

Guess I need to finish off my canon SWD and get a NSD version together, And maybe some more Asylum stylee machines.

BTW, the geometry switching STLB4 can generate over 16 million variants from one base model. I'd like to see a render with all of them in.

Oh, just remembered... I also made a low poly NSD. :D

My Store

My Gallery

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 27 October 2015 at 7:25 AM

Well, this is some exciting news!

Congrats on the new machine ;-)

Your non-canon Daleks should be canonised, in my opinion... they're marvelous!

Really must try to find some time to get my Poser head together again this Winter if these are on the event horizon ;-)

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 10 November 2015 at 8:04 PM

No-Daleks-J-1.jpg

Doctor: "Hmm... Not a Dalek in sight."

Sincerely,

Bill

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 12:39 AM

Well, maybe the good news is that we aren't going to be exterminated...

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 1:28 AM

Yeah he does that occasionally...

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2015 at 10:14 PM

Sorry for the delay; been really busy here. Hope to get into some serious finishing and uploading soon.

My Store

My Gallery

Redfern ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 6:50 AM

I hope people realize my post was merely intended as silly jest.

Besides, the render looks like a shot from "Warriors' Gate" with the "time wind" striding Tharils.

Sincerely,

Bill

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 2:25 PM ยท edited Fri, 13 November 2015 at 2:26 PM

Wish the Sontarans or Zygons would get some love.

Redfern ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 4:29 PM

Sontaran-Compare-J-1.jpg

I fear the Zygons are beyond my skills, but using The Freak (both the original and F4), I was able to fashion that hopefully looks something like the infamous "Mr. Potato Head of Outer Space". (The F4 version is to the viewer's left and the original Freak to the viewer's right.)

Sincerely,

Bill

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 5:13 PM

Pretty damn good likenesses there, you're good at that Redfern. They were always one of my favorite who villains... first Doctor Who episode I ever saw was the Baker who where the Doctor was stranded on that planet with a Sontaran, I got a late start with the Doctor in the early 80's. The Baker and Pertwee incarnations are still my favorites.

Redfern ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 6:04 PM

Ah, that would have been "The Sontaran Experiment" with Kevin Lindsay in his second (and tragically last) appearance as a Sontaran. Lindsay played the first Sontaran , Lynx, in the Jon Pertwee adventure, "The Time Warrior", which also introduced viewers to Elizabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.

Anyway, TSE followed the events of "Ark In Space" when the Doctor, Sarah and Harry Sullivan teleport down to Earth from Space Station Nerva. The Doctor had decided to check out conditios for the newly revived crew of the station, making sure it would be okay for them to inhabit the planet again (after it had been ravaged by solar flares). But unknown to the Doctor, the Sontarans had finally taken an interest in Earth as a strategic location in their war against the Rutans. Field Marshall Styre had not expected to find any sentient beings on the planet, but since he did, he wanted to investigate their potential, physically, mentally and militarily.

Lindsay's costume was considerably modified for his second appearance. While the "spacesuit" was essentially the same, the headpiece was new and considerably reshaped and differently colored. Not a problem except for the fact Sarah was initially confused, thinking Styre was actually Lynx, even exclaiming they looked exactly the same. Hardly, Lynx's head was a bit more narrow, almost chocolate colored and had hairy bristles over his eyes and under his lower lip. Styre had a wider head, ashen skin and was devoid of any hair. Styre was also the only one to have 4 fingers and a thumb per hand while every other instance, both classic series and current have depicted them with 2 fingers and a thumb.

Uh, sorry about that. Got a bit long winded. Anyway, thanks for the kind words about my efforts.

Sincerely,

Bill

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 6:53 PM

S'okay. I was just on the Tardis wiki giving myself a refresher. It was over 40 years ago... all I really remember is the Doctor, Sarah, the Sontaran, and rubble. Lol.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.