Sun, Oct 6, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 7:51 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Coming Back to Poserland

Xatren ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 3:56 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 8:10 AM

Hello all. I have been out of the world of Poser since... well, a long time. I wandered off about the same time that Poser 5 launched. Thus, my knowledge is hopelessly outdated. That's what brings me here today.

What's the best way to get back into Poser? I bought Poser Pro 2012 from Amazon, because the download is only $103.99 and I figured it was close enough to current until Poser 11 launches. What I lack is training/tutorials and content. I used to own the then-current Michael and Victoria, but I have long since lost the download links and credentials for those purchases.

So, what should I buy? What should I watch or read? Are Dawn and Dusk worth the money, or should I stick to DAZ content? Is there another seller of good Poser figures I should check out instead?

Thanks in advance.

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 11 November 2015 at 4:52 PM

We have some great Poser tutorials HERE in our Premium Tutorials area. There are beginner and more intermediate level lessons for you there.

V4 and M4 are still very widely used. The hivewire figures are an option...and you may want to check out the Figures that come with Poser itself. Some of those are good quality as well and very easy to learn with. 😄 I am sure other members will have more information for you.

Welcome back to Poserland!! Please let us know how we can help.

Jenn

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2015 at 11:56 PM · edited Thu, 12 November 2015 at 11:58 PM

I feel for you, Xatren.

I learned Poser 4 with the ProPack in 1999/2000 and didn't have a powerful enough computer to handle any newer version until I built a new workstation in 2008. I then got Poser 7 and have been retraining myself with that, then Pro 2010, and now, like you, I am using Poser Pro 2012.

I highly recommend the Infinite Skills DVD video training sets, particularly Steve Pubrick's LEARNING POSER 8/POSER PRO 2010. They have been discounted recently and can probably be had for about $50 today at Amazon. (Better to buy the hard discs, not the download.)

Also, Richard Schrand's book PRACTICAL POSER 8 is a good adjunct to Pubrick's videos -- though, after about a third of the way in, Schrand gets a little sloppy sometimes in describing the steps in his tutorials.

I use and am still using both of those and am very happy with them.

Pubrick's video tutorials are excellent and Schrand's book is very good.

Xatren ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2015 at 5:35 PM

Thanks very much or the advice, both of you. This program is only passingly similar to what I remember of Poser 4. These resources will help me out a lot.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 7:50 PM

. Poser has certainly grown to become a much deeper program than it was in version 4.

But Kai Krause's and his team's basic interface still remains, thank God!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.